Trash can

Paint Man

Reaction score
Anyone have a good idea where to mount a trash can? Old boat had a large enclosed storage area that worked great.

What boat do you have? Our 2275rl has the trashcan under the starboard side forward recliner.

Yup, I have same as Carl has.

What model boat do you have, might help us with ideas for you ......

Yup same as Carl and Semp........the funny thing is Diane and I took our boat out about 6 times before we found out where the trash can was. We were eating one day at the table and noticed that the back of the forward recliner had a hinge. Duh....found the trash can...........

I use a THICK garbage bag or two with plastic spring clamps (you can buy an assortment bag at lowes for pretty cheap). I clamp the bag to the sides holding it open. If you need the storage take the bag out. You should be able to do this with any storage location, depending on your clamp thickness. I have also see people take a large bucket and cut the bottom out snapping the lid (also top cut out) in place to hold the bag. I should be able to find a photo somewhere (hard to explain).

Thanks for the ideas, the boat is still at the dealer so have not really looked it over yet. It's a 2013 GCW with a sport tower, just bought it 3 weeks ago.

If you got the power steering, they may put the pump in the seatback storage in front of the helm. If not, that might be a good location for a trash bin. Either side, the area is deep.

Thanks Jared, it has ESP so should have the same storage areas. I'm in Omaha it's still to cold to bring this new boat home from my dealer. Looking forward to checking things like this out. Thanks again

Let's see some pictures of the new boat! Forum law!

Does it have raised helm or regular helm? Either way you might be able to use a small-medium size can. If you have raised helm, there's tons of room. I can climb inside mine and still have space for a cooler and can !!!

Now Panther girl will know where you are when she can't find you!

Find me ?? Who do you think locks me in there ?? LOL !!!!

At least she gives you a beer!

As for trash cans we just used a plastic bag on the old boat doubled up. I wonder if the new one will have one somewhere. Seems like a portable can would just be bouncing around under the helm.

Our boat came with the trash can from the factory which goes in the starboard lounger in front of the helm.

Trash can?  We just throw our garbage in the lake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ours is in the port lounger fold up backrest.

Trash can?  We just throw our garbage in the lake.
Were you on our lake last year? I pulled a bunch of empty beer cans off the bottom in the cove we hang out in.  

Shows how good the "no alcohol" rule works in our State park .... :blink:

I guess I could put it on either side.

Were you on our lake last year? I pulled a bunch of empty beer cans off the bottom in the cove we hang out in.  

Shows how good the "no alcohol" rule works in our State park .... :blink:
I use to work at a grocery store when I first got my license. I would walk the parking lot in the morning cleaning up trash and push carts during the day. It drove me crazy watching people throw their trash on the ground. One hot summer day someone got out and put their cup of pop (soda for everyone else) on the ground and went inside. I then proceeded to dump the contents of the cup all over the hot windshield. Never did get a chance to see their faces when they came out. I also was polite enough on a couple occasions to put cigarette butts back into cars when they tossed them out the window. I wish there was a deposit on those damn things.

Now that's ^^^^^ funny !!!!!!

Back