Waiting on my 22SSRXP

John Sutter

Reaction score
Hi All

While I have been waiting for my boat to arrive I have been reading this your posts. So far I have bought Taylor 1139 rail fender hangers, Nufinish Polish, 303 Fabric Guard, 303 Spot cleaner, 303 UV protectant, and I'm only on page 6. Oh, and I'm now having the dealer apply the Sharkhide.  :D

I want to thank everyone for sharing your knowledge on this forum. It really has been helpful. 

Sut

17newaerial_lr.jpg

Congratulations Sut,

Welcome to The Bennington Family 

You have done your homework on the Best Forum with The Most Knowledgeable spokespersons possible

Now Enjoy Your Benny and Post Plenty of Pics 

134619782.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. It will be worth the wait!

Hi All

While I have been waiting for my boat to arrive I have been reading this your posts. So far I have bought Taylor 1139 rail fender hangers, Nufinish Polish, 303 Fabric Guard, 303 Spot cleaner, 303 UV protectant, and I'm only on page 6. Oh, and I'm now having the dealer apply the Sharkhide.  :D

I want to thank everyone for sharing your knowledge on this forum. It really has been helpful. 

Sut

View attachment 1563

Welcome to the forum John......

While you're at it........look into getting a PTM Edge mirror for your boat. It's well made, functional, and you'll love it!

Welcome John.  Love the picture with the golf hole on the lake.  There's a course that borders our lake and I would love to take he boat over to play but they don't have docks.  Can't believe that they don't have the foresight to add docks as they are obviously missing the boat.

Welcome John.  Love the picture with the golf hole on the lake.  There's a course that borders our lake and I would love to take he boat over to play but they don't have docks.  Can't believe that they don't have the foresight to add docks as they are obviously missing the boat.

Not hijacking the thread but Mark we have Trump National on our lake. There are several holes where you can pull up and watch them play from great vantage points. Our favorite spot is in Cocktail Cove. The 18th finishing hole where they actually tee off over the boats anchored there depending on how much of the hole they are trying to cut off to make their approach shot shorter. We have retrieved many balls for golfers that didn't quite make it or were just on the edge of the water........

Welcome Sut! It sounds like you're ahead of the game on this one, which will only make your new Benny that more enjoyable. Pictures and details, please!

Welcome to the family! You will love your Benny, and this site will continue to offer you many hints, advice and friendship. Just keep the zipper shut on your wallet!

John,

What's the specs on your toon?

Remember, PICS are mandatory when it gets here. 

Welcome Sut, we love our SSRX.  I am sure you will too.

Specs on my 2017 22SSRXP are White/w Matador accent,  series Captains chairs, Sandstone w/Driftwood, and Suzuki 150.

Since its a 2017 and they didn't have any in stock, i'm assuming no big changes are being made. We'll see when it gets here later this month I hope. Now if the weather will just stay nice a while longer.

Cheers Sut 

Congrats, John!

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Best site and people on the web!

Last edited by a moderator:
Specs on my 2017 22SSRXP are White/w Matador accent,  series Captains chairs, Sandstone w/Driftwood, and Suzuki 150.

Since its a 2017 and they didn't have any in stock, i'm assuming no big changes are being made. We'll see when it gets here later this month I hope. Now if the weather will just stay nice a while longer.

Cheers Sut 

It sounds really nice.  You'll be glad you went with the 150 Suzuki over the 140 hp, as it's got a whole lot more cubic inches of displacement.

Let me warn you that Suzuki engines have a planetary gear in the drive shaft, which means they have a lower gear ratio.  And they run large diameter, very high pitch propellers that not all marine dealers keep in stock. 

I hope your dealer has set up many toons with your engine because Suzuki's can be difficult to setup for an inexperienced rigger--or to one used to setting up Yamaha & Mercury motors.

In other words, go to the lake with dealership personnel and run the boat prior to delivery.  Make sure it's getting up to redline before you take final delivery and that your boat prop is not ventilating in tight turns.  When you make a major investment in a tritoon, the dealer should want it to run 100% of its capabilities.

Thanks for the heads up. I have a neighbor that just got one a few months ago. Need to go out on his to see what RPM he turns and how close to redline he gets. I'm surprised they come with a SS prop, but thats good. 

I got the Suzuki 150, love it.  Specs in sig below, great all around performance prop.  I've had over 1000 lbs. of people and gear and could still hit 36.  All and all these boats are just kick ass, I don't think it matters what motor is on it... as long as it's over twenty HP, right Semp?  :p  

There you go Matt.  Sounds as if the 19 pitch is the way to go, and it's great you're properly setup and performing right.  Fishermen running bigger Suzuki's on bass boats can barely find a prop with enough pitch.

I'm one of those that prefers these boats be powered 100% of their ratings.  While a bigger motor doesn't always run much faster, they cruise more effortlessly at lower RPM's and handle heavier loads better.

I'm too fond of golf courses on inland lakes.

We're so fortunate to have two Robert Trent Jones championship golf courses 300 yards down the street from our lake house.  Both are 8050 yards from the back tees--monster courses that are part of the RTJ Golf Trail.

The Turtle Point Yacht Club is a mile across the lake, and it too has a Robert Trent Jones golf course.

I'm too fond of golf courses on inland lakes.

We're so fortunate to have two Robert Trent Jones championship golf courses 300 yards down the street from our lake house.  Both are 8050 yards from the back tees--monster courses that are part of the RTJ Golf Trail.

The Turtle Point Yacht Club is a mile across the lake, and it too has a Robert Trent Jones golf course.

Holy crap 8050 yds. from the tips?!? I can still grip and rip my driver but I'm just old enough to play from the senior tees here and I will take full advantage of that! Ha!

Back