Welcome to Club Bennington

Happy to be a new Bennie owner.  After lots of research, reading topics on this forum as a guest and years of saving money, we finally pulled the trigger and bought a 22SSX APG.  Accepted delivery prior to the 4th and absolutely love the boat.  Looking forward to many great days on the water.   I am sure everyone has their dealer story but after working with four different dealers across Alabama and Georgia, we settled on Woods Surfside Marina in Cropwell, Alabama on Lake Logan Martin.  Marc Hildebrandt and his team made owning our new Bennie a simple and enjoyable experience.  NONE of the other dealers came close to the deal they offered us and their service was first rate.  Anyone in the AL-GA area thinking of buying a Bennington should make the drive to Cropwell.  It will be well worth it.

Time to get back on Lake Martin and down line some shad.  There is a striper down there dying to see the inside of our 43 gal live well and sun bathe on our grill!

Welcome and remember to share some photos of your adventures and your new boat!

Welcome to the party!

Another Newbie to Benningtons. I am really impressed with the quality of the 2011 2575RCW we just picked up. This is boat number 15 for me and it certainly is one of the nicest.

We boat mainly on Cedar Creek Lake (Gun Barrel City, TX), but have extensively boated on Lewisville Lake and Lake Texoma.

Still figuring out the options, there are a number of them. The 250 Yamaha pushes the boat well. Looking forward to meeting many of you.

Fred & Terry

Welcome and lets see some photos of that new boat!

Welcome aboard. The is a great bunch of folks!

Long time Bennington owner, but just joined the forum.
I have to say I have never been more pleased with a purchase, than our 2006 Bennington. It has endured 5 kids, 6 dogs and has help teach literally dozens of kids how to knee board and wake board.

The 225 Honda starts right up year after year...and the few problems we had with it in the first 5 years were covered, without question, by the fantastic Bennington bow to stern warranty.

It was well worth every penny.

Now if it would just wear out...so we could justify buying a new one :)

10478153_10203381460130458_451638837843551328_n.jpg

Welcome.  If you wait for it to wear out, you are in for a long wait.  We can give you lots of help in specing out a new ride.  :D

Welcome aboard Carrbucks!  You don't have to wait till it's worn out to justify buying a new one. There are several members here who have purchased a new boat after having used theirs for only a hand full of hours. Just look up PAD's syndrome in search box, you'll get the idea!

I just joined the forum!

We just ordered our 1st. pontoon.

We ordered our boat on Saturday August 29th and a young couple came to look at our current boat on Sunday August 30th.

They bought the boat on the spot!

We're going from a 20' Bayliner with a 5.0 Mercruiser to a pontoon.

We ordered a 2016 2250 GSR with the ESP package and a Honda 250.

We will take delivery next April.

WE CAN'T WAIT!!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, We have just joined the Bennington family!

This past Friday we picked up our 2013 2575 RCW with 270 hrs and had a blast playing with it this holiday weekend.

We were planning on ordering a Benny from our local dealer but ran across this one on Craigslist last Wednesday morning a couple hours from us and couldn't pass it up. 

Already have some questions etc. and will try to  post them in the appropriate threads. 

Dean

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

We like pictures so post up when you can.

I just noticed, that's an awfully large boat for a 60 hp motor.

I just noticed, that's an awfully large boat for a 60 hp motor.
That is what I thought when we looked at the boat. I posted some questions about that in the prop thread. Not sure why it was ordered that way but I went on the build site and you can order that same boat with a 50 hp! 

The price was right and as I told my wife we can always re-power. After playing with it this weekend I was surprised how well the 60 did moving a barge that size. 

Dean

Is this a 2 toon or a ESP RCW.  Your rpm readings are totally wrong.

Is this a 2 toon or a ESP RCW.  Your rpm readings are totally wrong.
Two toon. Just figured it out though with help from the prop forum. The tach was set up for the wrong pulse/cylinders. Changed the settings on the back side of the tach and it's right on now. Good to go.

Thanks, Dean

As a newly I can say my first weekend with the 28Q was fantastic. The only glitz was a missing Bimini part.

Enjoy your new Benni.
Beautiful Rig!!!

Back