Well, the time has come to say goodbye...

I could ship you my cover for the trip since it’s the same boat but you’d have to add the hardware!! Luckily I have indoor storage for the winter! :)

Attachments

• 4555B1D0-FF4F-491B-B2AA-30A9FDA4FA87.jpeg
    4555B1D0-FF4F-491B-B2AA-30A9FDA4FA87.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 2
Sorry we're down in Florida so I haven't been on the phone much. We actually had the boat shrink wrapped a couple weeks a ago. I'm going to repack the bearings and we should be good to go soon!

I bought one of these for my boat
https://www.amazon.com/Trailer-Aid-Tandem-Changing-Change-Trailers/dp/B001V8UKBY
I just left it under the rear loungers (fuel side since the other was full of batteries) with socket sets and random tools. I have a long breaker bar that stays in my vehicle because taking off lug nuts that are on at 140 ft/lbs can be tough with the little factory tire iron.

Have you had an opportunity to use this? Just curious how well it would work? They offer this in a 4.5” or 5.5” lift.
Hope you had a great Christmas!

Tomorrow is the day. Movers pack the truck, closing on our Michigan house and we start the trek south. Supposed to be cold as hell so seeing an S on the compass will be nice. Hopefully the 1300 miles goes by safely and quickly

Best of luck on your journey!! Be safe and keep her under 100!!! :)

Safe travels Andy. You'll be splashing that boat in no time ......

Which route are you taking?

Thanks guys. 75 south is the quickest route from where I am in Mi. Plus it should keep me west of the smokies a little better. I’ve made that drive a bunch of times and am familiar with it too.

Tomorrow is the day. Movers pack the truck, closing on our Michigan house and we start the trek south. Supposed to be cold as hell so seeing an S on the compass will be nice. Hopefully the 1300 miles goes by safely and quickly

Drive carefully!!! The temp near Orlando is about 55° currently. Good things await you!! Hope to have the opportunity to meet someday!!!

Safe travels, Andy! I wish you the best. Now, they'll be trying to ban you from the upper region threads after you post your pics of your family boating while all the northerners can only blow snow from their driveways. :):D

Have you had an opportunity to use this? Just curious how well it would work? They offer this in a 4.5” or 5.5” lift.
Hope you had a great Christmas!
Luckily, no! I've never had to use it, and yes, the "plus" has an extra piece on top for additional lift.

Safe travels!! I wouldn't want to be travelling around here right now! Past couple days has been - 45C! Of course my sewer vent on my roof decided to freeze over, so I was lucky enough to climb up there and defrost it!

Funny, not funny, went and started my work van, touched the gas and the frigging throttle cable was I guess too cold, so it got stuck at about 2500-3000 rpms!! Luckily I was able to get them down so I figured I'd let it warm up a little longer!

Happy trails, safe travels! -14 on the way into work this morning, something that will soon be a distant memory for you.

Ok, I just have to say that I can’t imagine living in the north. I’m not trying to put anyone down that lives in the northern part of the country, since there are many millions of folks in the “snow and freeze belt.”. I’m just saying that except for a very brief experience (2x) I haven’t lived in those circumstances. As an explanation, I was born in south Florida, went to undergrad in Floride, which was followed up by my graduate studies in Tenn, then I spent the next 25 years in south Texas. Then I retired and moved to central Florida because Texas winters were too cold...really. So my hat is off to all you much tougher gents that can subsist in the northen climate...I’m just too thin blooded. PS: I’m currently in Texas and Monday’s low is forecasted for 9 degrees and I’m not sure I have adequate clothing. Damn, that Benny needs to arrive ASAP! :<))

Have a great safe fun trip Lakeliving!

Enjoy the journey! Be safe.

Travel Safe Andy

Have a good trip Andy!!

Back