Wetsounds Upgrade!

Off Call

Reaction score
We ordered our 2575 RCW with Tower and went with the Wetsound Upgrade. Does anyone know exactly what that consists of. The builder says Amp/Sub and 2 Tower speakers. I'm assuming there is 6 cockpit speakers. Has anyone head this setup? I'm just wondering if I might need to add anything else? I don't need to ROCK the lake just looking for a nice loud and crisp sound inside the Cockpit. Thanks

Damn I'm jealous!! What color/options did you get? Also, did you get inboard or outboard, that makes a difference too.

Hey Derrick apparently this will be there first boat with this color combo. It is black with a red panel accent, red tower, and black canopy. We went with Yami 350, ESP package, full seagrass flooring, blue led lighting cupholders, side illumination and underwater, ottoman, bow gate seat, sharkhide protectant, stainless steel rub rail, 52 inch ski pylon, and washdown. My dealer went with a Red Heritage trailer and I am having him add guide posts. I also added a front stowaway bow ladder for my two little ones so they avoid the rear as much as possible. I am still debating on the anchor winch as well. I am just wondering if I will need to add any other wetsound components since I have yet to hear the setup that I ordered. Mid April I am hoping to take delivery and I can't wait!!!

Man, I don't know whether to punch you or become best friends! That boat sounds awesome, I can't wait to see pics! So jealous! I didn't think it showed the option of the black with red accent, I was surprised it didn't since I think it will stand out and look amazing! I will see if I can find out what it includes for stereo, maybe model #'s of the equipment. It would be nice to know what your paying for hey!!

Are you sure you didn't miss any options...... I think you'll stand out in a crowd with that setup, sounds like a great setup can't wait to see pics.

Is that stowaway ladder something your dealer has ordered? I have young kids and that was really nice on our Crownline having the front bow ladder. I will have to do some research that sounds like a great thing to have.

Congratulations on your new pontoon!!

Wow, sounds like a nice setup, post up pics when you get it, sounds really sweet !!!!

Thanks guys I will post Pics as soon as she arrives!!! I originally wanted all red with a black accent panel and black tower with red canopy but thought it might be a little much red!! Derrick the builder does not show the option, but my dealer said it could be done and he was right! I'm hoping it looks good because we could not get a computer generated pic of it. Nap22 the ladder is something the builder is doing. I just saw it and it a heavy duty ladder that is 15 inches wide and has I believe 4 or five steps, it should work really well. I want to keep my kids away from the motor. Our previous boat was a Yamaha 242 with no prop so they are not used to worrying about swimming around a prop!! My dealer is fantastic and they sell a load of Benni's 40 a year roughly and have been great to work with since I send him an email or text about every other day with questions?. Thanks Derrick for doing a little research I have tried but can't seem to come up with what the Wetsound upgrade entails. I emailed Wetsounds and they were not sure either. I also asked them what they thought I may need or if I was good. I don't want to go overboard on stereo equipment just looking for a loud, crisp sound in cockpit. Thanks again fellas.

Saw a similar Boat at the Cincy Boat Show. That 350 Engine is impressive. You will have to have a reply ready for all the compliments.

I'm thinking I better get working on my standard reply!!! I have got time since we are getting another 8 inches of snow today!!!! I'm done with winter! I guess it could be worse I could be up further with Derrick!!

Sheesh! Even the new guy's picking on me!! ;) haha I should hopefully have your answer shortly about what all you paid for in the stereo, they're working on getting product #'s

Thanks Derrick, not picking on you at all just looking for someone to share my misery of winter!!!

Still working on this, who knows, might sell MY boat this weekend and get a tower model too! Haha couple of leads on mine so far!

Okay, here's the scoop, it has 2 Rev 8 tower speakers, 2 HT-4 amps, the HT-AS10 500w self powered sub/amp in the helm. The tower speakers are bridged to one amp, giving them about 300w a piece, the rest of the in boat speakers (should all be XS-650's) run off the other amp. All Wet Sounds of course.

Derrick

One thing you might think of adding is the WS-420 EQ. (Wetsounds eq) It allows you to fade or blend between the tower and the in boat speakers. Example if you don't want to be blasting the lake out behind you, you can fade out the tower speakers just by turning a knob. Same go's for the sub Volume you can add some bump or turn it down real quick. We have a EQ on the 06 RLI/O and it has rear facing speakers the EQ works great for quickly adjusting the sound where you want it

Okay, here's the scoop, it has 2 Rev 8 tower speakers, 2 HT-4 amps, the HT-AS10 500w self powered sub/amp in the helm. The tower speakers are bridged to one amp, giving them about 300w a piece, the rest of the in boat speakers (should all be XS-650's) run off the other amp. All Wet Sounds of course.

Derrick
What do you think Derrick do I have enough equipment?

Well that's a tough one to answer. I haven't actually heard it. I think that the sub will perform well, depending on your style of music and how you want it to pound. The clarity of the xs-650's is amazing and they can handle the power, I'm a little surprised they didn't use the SYND-4 instead of the HT series, it would add a little more juice, but the HT should still sound great. And I guess if we're being picky I wonder about the REV 10, but that's just going with the mentality that bigger is better! In the end I guess we need to remember who we are dealing with, Bennington and Wet Sounds, the best in the biz. I don't think either if them would put out a sub-standard setup. So I'm sure it will be good. Geewest is on the right path with the EQ I think, just not sure where I would mount it to make it look pretty!

Thanks Derrick my dealer has a boat with the system in it I'm going to have to get over and hear it!! I will post the results!!

Sounds good, make sure you bring along YOUR music, something you know has a lot of key sound elements, I still love Raise Your Weapon by Deadmau5, does a great job of testing some extremes. Although keep in mind, I'm not sure that the factory does "tweaking" of settings so you can probably also make it a little better once you get her home! Let us know! :)

Back