What did you do to/for your Bennington, today?

I added my mirror. I really like that and it sure adds to the comfort of driving the boat. I don't have to twist around to see if someone is sneaking up on me, or if I'm fixing to turn into someone. 

Looks good Randy! What if you go out w/out putting your Bimini top up?!?

Looks good Randy! What if you go out w/out putting your Bimini top up?!?

Then I'm DDOL!   :D  That will very rarely happen though. My little wife had a melanoma scare. is very light skin, and doesn't like to be in the sun for long stretches, so if we go out during the day, the tops up. 

Then I'm DDOL!   :D  That will very rarely happen though. My little wife had a melanoma scare. is very light skin, and doesn't like to be in the sun for long stretches, so if we go out during the day, the tops up.
We're the same way........if it's sunny........ Bimini is up.

Our progressive insurance covers the lower unit from hitting things damage

I don't even have my boat yet and I've already got Sharkhide and a ProMariner battery charger for it.  Actually, I just got the acknowledgement back from the factory and we are heading over to the dealer in a bit to decide on the interior colors.  They've changed all the colors so we have to change our initial order of Java and Milkweed.  BTW Lake Havasu City is supposed to be 115 today.  I played Golf yesterday and it was 109.

Last edited by a moderator:
Milkweed, sounds refreshing yet makes you hungry all at the same time?

I don't even have my boat yet and I've already got Sharkhide and a ProMariner battery charger for it.  Actually, I just got the acknowledgement back from the factory and we are heading over to the dealer in a bit to decide on the interior colors.  They've changed all the colors so we have to change our initial order of Java and Milkweed.  BTW Lake Havasu City is supposed to be 115 today.  I played Golf yesterday and it was 109.

Now THAT'S being proactive! Congrats on the new purchase.

I've got a bunch of tie down straps hanging in the storage room, for whenever they are needed, but I was just thinking. It seems that a couple of these would be the easiest thing in the world to use for docking your boat. I wouldn't want to use a ratchet style since they wouldn't be so convenient.

I have a little trouble with my dock/anchor ropes slipping a little when I use them at a dock, but thinking it wouldn't get any easier or more secure than to just slap a hook on the boat cleat and one on the dock cleat, give it a quick tug to tighten, then walk away. When you get ready to leave, just squeeze the cambuckle and toss it back under the seat. 

Have any of you used these for the purpose of docking before? Would also be a good idea to pull the raw end loose, thread a fender onto a couple of them, then you have your fender already fixed and not needed to hang over the side of your boat. It would be right where you need it.

Spoildrotten, I don't think using the straps is a good idea because they would be too rigid, I believe that dock lines have a little give [i also have snubbers].  This allows for a little give and take instead of a harsh stop on the boat

Thanks Link. That is why I put the idea out; to get some feedback on whether it is a good idea or not, and to see if anyone has had any ill effects from it.

I'd never use them. I'd never trust those hook ends to stay in the cleat. Just stick to tried and true. I have clip ends on my lines. 5 seconds off or on. Even if I had to loop a line through cleats, a couple cleat hitches and tied off in 10 seconds at each cleat.

I bought a grill for the Bennington, yesterday. It was going to be a beautiful day, so the little wife and I decided to go up river and have a picnic on a sand bar. I purchased a Weber Jumbo Joe. We have one just like it stored in our 5th wheel, so now we have one for the boat, too. Took steaks, corn on the cob, potatoes, onion, and of course, a bottle of wine (well, a canister of wine since glass containers are not legal). Had a great day, but got caught in a storm on the way back.

Another good aspect of this grill is that you can pull the lid holder over the top to lock the lid in place. I just wasn't ready to mount a grill on the rail, or on the rear deck of my boat.

On such a great weekend we beached on a sandbar with a couple of other Benningtons and we all cleaned our toons

On such a great weekend we beached on a sandbar with a couple of other Benningtons and we all cleaned our toons
That sounds like work, but it sounds like fun work. I'd like to do something like that, where one guy might have a little trouble with a certain spot, and everyone else comes over to help "fix" it. We do that with our Jeep club. Bad thing is that a lot of those guys like to socialize while drinking a whole lot during that time, and you don't want too many of them wrenching on your machine. :D

Ordered a full front gate to replace the damaged 'fishing' gate. Dealership sent a guy down to install it. I went to the dock to 'supervise', and to remove the defective transducer for my Helix 5. Seems I picked the coldest day of the summer to do it.

I wore my 'Farmer John' wetsuit, climbed into the water, disconnected the transducer, then climbed aboard to disconnect the leads from the display head. Then I had to go back in the water to get under the boat to remove the wire ties and cable clamps. Water temp was a full 60 degrees F.

I now have a real nice full front gate to keep the dogs from crawling under the gate while underway, and after a 7.5 Shrivelage scale dip in the water, I'll be mailing the transducer to Humminbird for warranty replacement.

I added a 4 channel amp, a 10" sub and 4 kicker speakers. Much better!

Bought new large fenders that match the boat

Very nice, Link. Looking good!

Nice looking boat Link! Well done on the matching fenders.....

Back