Who's on Lake Norman?

Have fun! Still waitin on those batteries.    :p

They are still sitting in my garage! I'm too forgetful to put them in the truck to haul them over to the boat. If you find a couple sitting on your dock this weekend, you know where they came from.

On another note, I have been seeing several posters write about visiting LKN or moving down here. I thought it might be nice to add a map of the lake with some of the major POIs. Are there any you can think of that I should add to this map?

Last edited by a moderator:
Port City Club in Cornelius.

You guys are doing it right! Lake Norman looks fantastic, I love a lake where there are a variety of bars and restaurants as well as a number of cool places to beach.

Thanks Carl!

Link, I'm still a rookie at the lake. I've had several lake friends ask me to meet them at different islands on the lake. There are 4 islands that I still haven't found yet and can't put on the map. I'm hoping that with some maturity and lake veteran contributions, I can name every one of the hundred or so islands.

Learning and discovering the new places is what makes it so fun.  You made a great career move Spinzone and look how it paid off in your personal life.  Happy for you

Any ideas about why more of the "more than 1000" Bennington owners on Lake Norman (per Suzy Q's quote above) are either not responding to Carl & Suzi's "Who's On Lake Norman?" blog or perhaps have not joined the Bennington Owner's Forum to begin with?    Are they just not bloggers?  Are they just unaware of the Bennington Owners Forum?  (Since the main page of the Bennington Marine Website has a direct link to the Bennington Owners Forum website, I would think that most of the newer Bennington boat purchasers since 2011 would have discovered our website already.)  Would there be any promotional or marketing advantage for Bennington Marine to further promote the awareness of all the Bennington owners on Lake Norman (or on any other US Lake, for that matter) by encouraging its dealers to promote the awareness of other Benny owners in the immediate vicinity?  Since I would like to retire on Lake Norman in 2018, I wouldn't mind at all if there were already a Bennington Owners Association in existence at Lake Norman before I arrived.   After my Benny arrives in the late winter or spring of 2014 at Kerr Lake, NC, I might try to find other Benny owners on Kerr Lake.  In fact, maybe I should start early and ask that exact question in a near future blog.
Well I guess it is because i am from the south and a little slow (also I bought the 115 Yamaha) :D   Just now saw this... would like to get up with others here in the summer. I have a good friend who is certified on Yamaha. Who I am going to keep as my mechanic.  He is cheap and also very good. He will do anything for you even on the weekend. I can call him and he will pick my boat up and bring it back for $100 or meet up with him on the lake for a pick up for free. I am across the pond from Carl & Suzi. I am at Westport on Lakeshore Rd.  We can see Governors Island from our house... Since you and Carl have the 150 on yours...I will be easy to catch :p I will bring the BBQ

Tom & Linda Lakeshore  Road South Denver, NC

Hello

Gary and Donna

Just moved to Mooresville in Oct and got a slightly used 2008 Bennington 2575RL w/ 115hp Yamaha. It is so cool.

We are novice boaters and have a lot to learn....and are looking forward to getting some good advice on this site,

I think from the Lake Norman map we are close to McCrary Creek Cove.

Great site, glad we found it.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome and glad you're here! There is a great group of folks from LKN represented on this forum. Any advice needed, please post.

Someday we will convince Cwag to have a forum BBQ on his dock to finally put some faces with screen names!

We can do that on the deck and not the dock, there's more room.     :p

Even better cwag911!  Sounds like a plan!

Now if we can just figure out where we are going, that would be helpful! HA!

We got a little turned around the first time we got gas last Sunday. 

Getting the gas was not the problem, getting home was a bit more errr challenging. HA!

Sounds good to me and I won't have to drive.   :p

Dang, I wanna move to your lake too!! Not only does the lake look like its got a ton of little nooks that you can hide in to get out of the wind, but there are a bunch of fun (crazy) Bennington folk on it too!!

Took the boat out this afternoon for an inaugural boat ride. Had dinner at Port City Club here in Cornelious. Plenty of docking available this early in the season. I didn't quite expect it to be that nice of a restaurant! We felt a little out of place in shorts and t shirts. Oh well, the food was really good and we enjoyed the beach with fireplaces.

I hope to see y'all out on the water soon.

Sure.......................and you didn't stop by.  :p    Port City Club is a little pricey but shorts are a way of life on the lake.

We took a short run from Blythe Landing to Port City and to the Marina. If the weather forecast holds for sunny and 80's, we'll be out on Sunday and come by to say hello!

Back