Winter has arrived at...

Early this morning here .
s191.jpg s193.jpg

Gorgeous view you had this morning Jack!

Chomping at the bit to get those snowmobiles out, huh Jeff? I would be too if I had a couple like you do. Hoping to get up next weekend but we'll see.

DCCB31C5-97C3-407F-BEB1-1FDA2A067E92.jpeg
Chomping at the bit to get those snowmobiles out, huh Jeff? I would be too if I had a couple like you do. Hoping to get up next weekend but we'll see.

:D - You know it! Got delivery scheduled for Sat. Dec. 1st. Garage and cottage are ready now. Hoping to be set to use them by winter (Christmas) vacation, conditions permitting.

Last edited:
A peak at open water when snowmobiling between Higgins and Houghton Lakes in Michigan. This was on a bridge overlooking a small river between the two lakes. We were out trail riding when we came upon this beautiful spot.

My wife Nancy on the left, our exchange student Ally in the middle, and me on the right:
4E9F2950-C8D9-451E-A19C-C32D827CFD5D.jpeg
Us Michiganders looking for the marina in February:
EEA69DF4-B645-4B79-9ED9-C049D1EC21E7.jpeg
Nope. Cannot find it. :D

Jeff, we were a bit surprised by all the snow when we arrived at the cottage last weekend. Looked like great snowmobiling conditions!

We had 6-8 inches of snow/ freezing rain over Wed. night into Thursday, then it was 50+ by Thursday afternoon. Freekin Pa. weather??????
Oh well, at least the lake will fill some more .... :)

Jeff, we were a bit surprised by all the snow when we arrived at the cottage last weekend. Looked like great snowmobiling conditions!

If you are ever up in the winter, and you want to get out on a snowmobile, get ahold of me. It’s not unusual that 1 of our 3 is available depending on who is going out. Often it’s just me heading out on one and riding solo. It would be great to have go out with someone else. If we got snow for it, you’d always be welcome to get on one of ours and head out with me.

Thanks for the offer! We were in Spicer's looking at their inventory but that is a huge commitment based on how much we actually get to HL the past few winters. I grew up riding them but it's been awhile since I've been on one. Perhaps I'll take you up on the offer sometime... :)

Thanks for the offer! We were in Spicer's looking at their inventory but that is a huge commitment based on how much we actually get to HL the past few winters. I grew up riding them but it's been awhile since I've been on one. Perhaps I'll take you up on the offer sometime... :)

My offer is much cheaper than buying 1+ at Spicer’s. The only cost is snow on the ground. LOL.

That said, the 0% financing and end of season deals looked nice up there. I got our new 2017 from another dealer down state near K-zoo that has some REALLY good end of season deals - better than Spicer’s. For an extra approx. $180 they delivered it all the way up to our cottage. PM me if you ever want their name and information.

On a serious note, its a tough call. Conditions for actually snowmobiling are so mixed up there, let alone when you balance in how often you’ll do it. First two winters, we didn’t get many riding opportunities. This winter I’ve put 1,000 miles on them just around the HL area as we have no trailer for them.

We got 1 new in 2017, but frankly saved some $ buy getting our other two used. I was selective, and so far, they have proven to be very solid pre-owned sleds. That allowed us to get 2 more for the price of 1 new.

Last edited:
Welcome to the family.

Hi all, New Michigan Grsfb owner, live in Holland and have place on Eight point lake if anyone knows where it is.
Welcome Sonnyhad! Be sure to post some pictures when you can. Actually, a cousin of mine has a place on the west shore of Eight Point. Very nice area for sure.

Hi all, New Michigan Grsfb owner, live in Holland and have place on Eight point lake if anyone knows where it is. Glad to find a place to read up on the Bennington.

LOVE Holland, MI!! What a beautiful and quaint little town. My son spent a summer there doing summer theater. Holland has an excellent summer theater series/program. It was a very nice place to visit that summer, and would have loved to have brought our Benny there! Unfortunately, we don't trailer our 25 Q as it is permanently on a covered lift here at LOTO, which can be just as rough and choppy as Lake Michigan at times, but our boat handles the rough water beautifully, so I know it would do well up there!!

Back