Your 2019 College Football Thread

Kahuna, Congrats to your Dukes on getting the #2 seed.
Looks like you & I may have some trash talking ahead of us!!!

I think 12 is the right number, with the top 4 getting a 1st round bye.
At the end of the day it will usually come down to one of the top 5 teams anyway, but I think we all would prefer more teams receiving the opportunity.

I honestly feel that the biggest reason they do not expand the playoff system is because it takes away the top teams from bowl games. It's all about TV dollars.
I think that the playoff games would be a far greater draw than the handful of bowl games that would need to be eliminated, but I may be wrong because these bowl games are strategically scheduled around the holidays to capture maximum viewers where early December games may not capture the same excitement?
Everything always seems to come down to dollars.
You're right Bill it's all about the mighty dollar! I agree. An expanded playoff system would draw more viewers and more excitement than some of the lesser bowls. C'mon Bad Boys Mowers Gasparilla bowl?????

Kahuna, Congrats to your Dukes on getting the #2 seed.
Looks like you & I may have some trash talking ahead of us!!!
Thanks! Hopefully they will meet in Frisco! (AKA Fargo south)

Better get some use of that axe quickly because in a month we're taking it back to Camp Randall, where it belongs!
Today's the day!
ESPN GameDay from the Sewer Cities (oops, I mean Twin Cities!)
We'll see if the weather plays any factor in this game. Both teams run VERY WELL, so I really don't think it bodes better for either team. It will be a distraction, which can lead to mistakes, and the team that capitalizes better on these opportunities will take possession of the coveted Axe!

Better get some use of that axe quickly because in a month we're taking it back to Camp Randall, where it belongs!

Can't say that I didn't call that shot!

Now on to Indy. Tall task. Very tall task!

Congrats to the Badgers. Most of the rest of the Big 10 is behind you. I know some are saying how cool it would be to have Big 10 team #1 for CFP. It all depends on what team it is. OSU is not that team. Good luck Wisconsin!!

Congrats to the Badgers. Most of the rest of the Big 10 is behind you. I know some are saying how cool it would be to have Big 10 team #1 for CFP. It all depends on what team it is. OSU is not that team. Good luck Wisconsin!!

Thanks guys!
Of course I hope that the Badgers can upset the Buckeyes which could screw them over for the playoffs.
However, if they beat the Badgers, I will climb aboard their bandwagon. A B1G team winning it all would reflect greatly on the conference.

Thanks guys!
Of course I hope that the Badgers can upset the Buckeyes which could screw them over for the playoffs.
However, if they beat the Badgers, I will climb aboard their bandwagon. A B1G team winning it all would reflect greatly on the conference.

There are a lot of B1G haters out there for sure! However, I disagree with the Wisconsin Badgers beating my Buckeyes!!! They are clearly the most dominant team in the B1G. Although it can be tough beating a team twice in the same season.

Not sure what is going on in Michigan or how Harbaugh keeps his job. This game has been a blowout two years running.

Neither one of those teams are going to beat LSU in the finals!

I for one believe that the Buckeye defense is better than LSU's, defense wins championships. IMO it would be a great game though!

Nobody is giving the Badgers a chance against the Buckeyes Saturday.
Nobody gave them a chance on that night at Lambaeu Sep 3, 2016 against LSU either.
Just sayin

No one gave my Buckeyes a thought when Wisconsin was favored by 4.5 points in 2014, we all know what happened then!

There are a lot of B1G haters out there for sure! However, I disagree with the Wisconsin Badgers beating my Buckeyes!!! They are clearly the most dominant team in the B1G. Although it can be tough beating a team twice in the same season.

Not sure what is going on in Michigan or how Harbaugh keeps his job. This game has been a blowout two years running.

I’d agree with you about the Badgers chances...but one can hope...that’s why they play the game. I just hope it’s a game where the refs don’t determine the outcome, and “luck” isn’t a factor. Officiating has been terrible this year.

Harbaugh...I’m a Spartan, but worked at UM for 30 years. Harbaugh is still a god there. He will leave when he wants to leave. The President and AD are scared of him, and in addition the President really cares less about athletics, universities are about academics not athletics, so Harbaugh is secure unless BIG donors line up at the President’s door to complain (and threaten). But did I mention that Harbaugh is still a god around there?

Being a Spartan fan, I hope Harbaugh sticks around for a long time. Spartans are down right now, but I suspect a few changes on the horizon may be coming. Dantonio has lost control (again), but he will find a way to win again pretty quickly.

Would love to see the Badgers pull off the upset, obviously. However I am realistic with my expectations. The current line is 16.5
I'll take the Badgers and the points.
But one can still hope for more!!!

Kahuna, Your JMU steamrolled today!!!
The BISON finally started hitting on all cylinders, but it took nearly 3 quarters to get there. It looked like they were out of sync from their bye week.
I'm settling in for this Buckeyes/Badgers game.
Let's do this!!!

Kahuna, Your JMU steamrolled today!!!
The BISON finally started hitting on all cylinders, but it took nearly 3 quarters to get there. It looked like they were out of sync from their bye week.
I'm settling in for this Buckeyes/Badgers game.
Let's do this!!!
Yup JMU rolled today! Hopefully 1 more good game then it's onto "Fargo South". Nicholls State gave the Bison a little trouble for a while but you just knew it was a matter of time. Rooted for Wisconsin tonight but once Ohio State woke up it was lights out! 27 unanswered points? C'mon.....

I was pulling for the Badgers, but that second half was rough. As much as I love the Big 10, it is hard to cheer on the Buckeyes. Some of the most _________ fans to be around at live sporting events. That said, they have a legit team this year.

Badgers lost to a better team, no excuses. Gotta admit, at halftime I was thinking that they might pull it off!
I will pull for Ohio State now. If they win it all, that's good for the B1G.

Back