Your 2021 College Football Thread

I went to Clemson and now live about 10 miles from campus. We lost Trevor Lawrence at QB to Jacksonville, but have a replacement that may be even better. I can't say or spell his name.... Uaigalelei?? But he's good!!
First game against UGa will be telling. Sep 4, 730 EST, ABC TV.
TT

I went to Clemson and now live about 10 miles from campus. We lost Trevor Lawrence at QB to Jacksonville, but have a replacement that may be even better. I can't say or spell his name.... Uaigalelei?? But he's good!!
First game against UGa will be telling. Sep 4, 730 EST, ABC TV.
TT
Guess you can tell by my hat.....go tigers

Just when I start to believe that Frost might be the one to bring Big Red back from the ashes.......this crap

https://footballscoop.com/news/nebraska-head-coach-scott-frost-reportedly-under-ncaa-investigation
I have found Frost shady almost from the get go. The way he handled these past 2 years at Nebraska certainly has reinforced my dislike of him.

Not even remotely surprised by these allegations. We will see if they pan out during the investigation. If they do, I wont be sorry to see him get held accountable. Nothing worse than a liar and cheat in sports. Nothing.

Nebraska with its storied tradition and great alumni and fans certainly deserves better, so long as they don’t beat my Spartans….ha, ha.

I think Illinois will take Neb to the woodshed. To much distraction on the Huskers team right now.

So how does everybody think this "Alliance" Conference is going to work out? I'm really looking forward to watching USCUSC1.jpgUSC2.jpg

Last edited:
Man, you are missing out. I am torn between which one I love more, winter or summer. Probably summer, but winter is pretty special in the great white north. Skiiing, snowmobiling, ice skating and more. I might honestly enjoy snowmobiling more than boating. Close call in my book.

As for college football, I need your problem. My Spartan’s have been on a downhill slide since 2016. So frustrating. Hoping to turn it around, and soon!

View attachment 30803

Just some of the fun to be had in winter lakeside:

View attachment 30805View attachment 30806View attachment 30808View attachment 30811View attachment 30813View attachment 30814View attachment 30815View attachment 30816View attachment 30817View attachment 30818View attachment 30821View attachment 30823View attachment 30824View attachment 30825View attachment 30826
Ha. Love it!! As a former Michigan Tech (Michigan UP) defensive back (hence the name MTUDB24), I loved playing in the UP and watch the opponents shiver in the sub zero temps and 6+ inches of snow on Sherman Field from a unexpected snow storm the night before.
I remember Wayne State coming up to play and we had a blizzard the day of the game (1992 or 1993) and they didn't even have long enough cleats to get any traction in the snow. It was a blow out.

While a fan of the Big 10 and D1 schools, as we always said, D1players play for the fame, and D2 players play for the love of the game. We knew we would never goto the next level. Although we had 1 guy goto the NFL and play for the Vikings in the Superbowl a few years ago (Joe Berger). I would rather watch D2 games any day over the FBS teams.

Fully expecting another so-so season for Harbaugh and crew.
Alas, GO BLUE!
What will King Khaki pants pull off this year? II so want to like him, but this is getting old :-(

Ha. Love it!! As a former Michigan Tech (Michigan UP) defensive back (hence the name MTUDB24), I loved playing in the UP and watch the opponents shiver in the sub zero temps and 6+ inches of snow on Sherman Field from a unexpected snow storm the night before.
I remember Wayne State coming up to play and we had a blizzard the day of the game (1992 or 1993) and they didn't even have long enough cleats to get any traction in the snow. It was a blow out.

While a fan of the Big 10 and D1 schools, as we always said, D1players play for the fame, and D2 players play for the love of the game. We knew we would never goto the next level. Although we had 1 guy goto the NFL and play for the Vikings in the Superbowl a few years ago (Joe Berger). I would rather watch D2 games any day over the FBS teams.
A nice compromise between the FBS & D2 are the FCS programs.
I agree with your premise, but the lower down the ladder, the harder I find it to follow teams, as it's hard to become emotionally invested without televised games to see.

The only game on my radar right now is Clemson - Jawja, Sept 4 in Charlotte. I'm a Clemson homer but not stupid, that game could go either way. My favorite Clemson blog is TigerNet.com.........but I can't log on the week before a big game like Bucknuts last year & LSwho the year before. All they talk about is how bad Clemson is gonna stomp ?????. To me that is fodder for a azz whooping.

I'll be surprised if he can pull off more than 7, maybe 8 wins in another "rebuilding season".
Ugh. Sadly, I'm afraid you're right!

My week 0 must watch is the Huskers at Illinios

My week 1 is SDSU at Colorado State on a Friday night game.
Spoiler alert...bet on the FCS team here.

And the Huskers will have another poopy crappy season.
Yeah, that was an interesting game. Just when you think the Illini had turned the tables and owned them, Nebraska came back to get close in the end.

Back