Your 2021 College Football Thread

Looking forward to Saturdays MSU v U of M game.

We’re debating if we hit up campus, College Game Day and some tailgating with our exchange student or not. Trade off is, even though we live within 10-15 minutes of campus, we’d miss kick off and would be watching the game back home on delay - no game tickets.

Debating if the experience on campus with the exchange student is worth being out of sync with game time. I hate not watching a game in real time. Our exchange student isn’t a sports fan, but seeing the bands march into the stadium, College game day, and campus tailgating would be a neat experience for her.

We’ll probably make the call last minute Saturday morning between weather and how motivated people are coming off of a home H.S. playoff football game Friday night.

Regardless, hoping for a great game…and beating those pesky Wolverines - sorry DejaWiz ;-)

We’re debating if we hit up campus, College Game Day and some tailgating with our exchange student or not. Trade off is, even though we live within 10-15 minutes of campus, we’d miss kick off and would be watching the game back home on delay - no game tickets.

Debating if the experience on campus with the exchange student is worth being out of sync with game time. I hate not watching a game in real time. Our exchange student isn’t a sports fan, but seeing the bands march into the stadium, College game day, and campus tailgating would be a neat experience for her.

We’ll probably make the call last minute Saturday morning between weather and how motivated people are coming off of a home H.S. playoff football game Friday night.

Regardless, hoping for a great game…and beating those pesky Wolverines - sorry DejaWiz ;-)
Yeah, she needs to experience it. For reals.

Go to College Game Day! Do some tailgating! Hope she and you all enjoy the experience!!! The game is not won or lost in the 1st quarter ( Except Maryland games) Going to be a good one!!!!!

No need to be sorry...we root for the teams that we do, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Hope you have a great experience, no matter what you decide to do. I've got family members that are entrenched in both schools, so I'll be rooting for both the Wolverines and the Spartans...I'll just be rooting for the Wolverines a bit more. :p

Where is your exchange student from? We sponsored one back in 2000/2001. Her name is Elena and she was from France. I remember taking her all over DC to all the museums and she just soaked all of that history in. We took her on our old bowrider and taught her to ski. It was a fulfilling experience for all of us! We kept in touch for a long time.......

Where is your exchange student from? We sponsored one back in 2000/2001. Her name is Elena and she was from France. I remember taking her all over DC to all the museums and she just soaked all of that history in. We took her on our old bowrider and taught her to ski. It was a fulfilling experience for all of us! We kept in touch for a long time.......
Current one is from Thailand. We had not hosted anyone from there before, so we thought that would be a nice and new cultural experience for all involved. We’ve really enjoyed hosting foreign teachers, travelers, and students over the years. It has always been a great experience for us too.

I'm already nervous. I cannot understand how the Badgers are favored in this one?

Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers - October 30, 2021 | FOX Sports

View the Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers game played on October 30, 2021. Box score, stats, odds, highlights, play-by-play, social & more.
www.foxsports.com
www.foxsports.com

Will be flipping back and forth keeping an eye on this one as well.

Michigan Wolverines vs. Michigan State Spartans - October 30, 2021 | FOX Sports

View the Michigan Wolverines vs. Michigan State Spartans game played on October 30, 2021. Box score, stats, odds, highlights, play-by-play, social & more.
www.foxsports.com
www.foxsports.com

Only a fool makes predictions...well I'm a fool.
At 19.5 points I'll take Texas Tech all day on this one!

Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Oklahoma Sooners - October 30, 2021 | FOX Sports

View the Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Oklahoma Sooners game played on October 30, 2021. Box score, stats, odds, highlights, play-by-play, social & more.
www.foxsports.com
www.foxsports.com

I'm already nervous. I cannot understand how the Badgers are favored in this one?

Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers - October 30, 2021 | FOX Sports

View the Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers game played on October 30, 2021. Box score, stats, odds, highlights, play-by-play, social & more.
www.foxsports.com
www.foxsports.com

Will be flipping back and forth keeping an eye on this one as well.

Michigan Wolverines vs. Michigan State Spartans - October 30, 2021 | FOX Sports

View the Michigan Wolverines vs. Michigan State Spartans game played on October 30, 2021. Box score, stats, odds, highlights, play-by-play, social & more.
www.foxsports.com
www.foxsports.com

Only a fool makes predictions...well I'm a fool.
At 19.5 points I'll take Texas Tech all day on this one!

Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Oklahoma Sooners - October 30, 2021 | FOX Sports

View the Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Oklahoma Sooners game played on October 30, 2021. Box score, stats, odds, highlights, play-by-play, social & more.
www.foxsports.com
www.foxsports.com

I just saw a similar article about how PSU will beat OSU.
Possible? Yes.
Probable? Not even close.
Some of these journalists are exhibiting quite the mental gymnastics to come up with such articles.
...Michigan vs Michigan State, included. Plenty of articles stating that UM is going to dominate every step of the way, but reality says that their young and rather unpoised offensive line will struggle to move the ball effectively against MSU's D-line.

And one of the magical aspects of college ball is that these guys are still kids, and it's not uncommon for them to have "off days" of lack the proper preparation and turd ball teams often pull off the upset!

Go to bed with it raining, get up to heavy overcast and gloom......must be another Saturday of Clemson Football. At least the Braves won!!

Go to bed with it raining, get up to heavy overcast and gloom......must be another Saturday of Clemson Football. At least the Braves won!!
Yep Jimmy rooting for the Braves too!!! Beautiful ball park with all the things they built around it!

Exciting but rough first half. Some nice plays here and there, but U of M has the edge so far on some turnovers and a big play. We did make it up onto campus and had fun with the exchange student at College Game Day.

Exchange student, wife and oldest son (who also teaches math at MSU) at the Game Day set:
27C51C18-A0EB-4FB7-9C73-72BAC2D2EA71.jpeg

Various other pics:
2C24C7FD-4241-47BB-9F5A-B80C886C553C.jpeg5247B242-DDE5-4C4E-BFE0-C96E28F68F61.jpegEEBB046F-64C4-46D1-8C68-0F429E7DF29A.jpegC8DDBEC4-F3A9-4493-9664-82C9887C2C87.jpeg

Looking for MSU to come back in the second half. Go Green!

And the Spartans get it done!! I'm a sec fan, but that was a great game!

Back