Your 2021 College Football Thread

Wow, Lotta ranked teams fell to unranked teams today!
Yeah can't believe Wake Forest lost to UNC. Baylor and MSU too.

I am very biased towards B1G, but I honestly don't think we have any teams that would belong in a 4 team playoff.

Have to get past Maryland first!!!! Ha! (I can sense you're really worried!)
With the injuries piling up for us, and the rash of such close games as of late, I am worried. A bit worried about every matchup the rest of the season, as well as hopeful in every matchup the remainder of the season.

Trust me, our defense is horrible in third down situations, and our secondary has been bad all season. Young and inexperienced…and very prone to blown coverage.

Now with us losing a few VERY key players these last two weeks to injury, anything really could happen any given Saturday.

I think the biggest things we have going for us against Maryland is a) home game, b) we still have most of our top players healthy, and b) the presumption that our loss to Purdue will fire up the team to prove themselves at home next weekend.

Last edited:
I am very biased towards B1G, but I honestly don't think we have any teams that would belong in a 4 team playoff.
I disagree here. I think outside the very top tier of the SEC, our top teams are better than most nationwide, along with our competitive mid-tier B1G teams. Not all the power five conferences are that “powerful”, especially top to bottom, this year.

On top of that you get the Cinncinatti’s of the world that have the luxury of say maybe 1….maybe 2 really tough games, and then A LOT of inferior competition the rest of the season. They don’t remotely get banged up to the same degree, or pushed and challenged to the same degree. I know that ruffles some peoples feathers, but I believe it to be absolutely true.

All of that said, I think Georgia and Alabama remain on a different level from everyone else. But outside of those two, I would put our top 1-2 teams into the four team rotation this year ahead of any other teams right now. I might change my mind in the next few weeks, but right now, I’d have our top team, maybe our top 2 teams, in with Georgia and Alabama.

Sorry Oregon, Oklahoma and Cinncinatti.

I like how you think. I probably don't watch enough non B1G games to make the statement I made.
Here's what prompted me to say it though...
Who in the B1G should be in the top 4?
Ohio State? Their record show they deserve it, but they have struggled against teams they should have easily dominated.
Mich State? Not after losing to an unranked Purdue.
Michigan? Maybe. But they too have struggled against teams they should have easily dominated.
Nobody else in the East deserves to be in the conversation.
The West? Nobody in the West deserves to be in the conversation.
Anyway, whether I'm right or wrong, that is where my comment came from.

With the injuries piling up for us, and the rash of such close games as of late, I am worried. A bit worried about every matchup the rest of the season, as well as hopeful in every matchup the remainder of the season.

Trust me, our defense is horrible in third down situations, and our secondary has been bad all season. Young and inexperienced…and very prone to blown coverage.

Now with us losing a few VERY key players these last two weeks to injury, anything really could happen any given Saturday.

I think the biggest things we have going for us against Maryland is a) home game, b) we still have most of our top players healthy, and b) the presumption that our loss to Purdue will fire up the team to prove themselves at home next weekend.
Everything you said about the defense and secondary sounds like Maryland and it happens every week! Like I said earlier this year Maryland is a young decent team that can move the ball. But they just can't hang with the Big Boys yet!

I've not come across this FCS rankings before...

Well, Georgia and Bama are headed to the SEC Championship game. A Bama loss would eliminate them from the CFP. A big Bama win would knock Georgia out, so there is still hope for Big 10 fans, for sure.

LOL - then imagine the fortitude of us Lions fans. So strong we want to cry every Sunday. :D
Did you guys catch the FOX Sunday pre game video of the "Shame of the Lions" at the week 8 reunion? Such a classic!!!

Well, Georgia and Bama are headed to the SEC Championship game. A Bama loss would eliminate them from the CFP. A big Bama win would knock Georgia out, so there is still hope for Big 10 fans, for sure.
I'm not so sure a loss is going to knock the Bulldogs out. They have displayed all season long that they are an elite organization. I think the only loss that would justify elimination would be an embarrassing blowout.
Furthermore, an Alabama loss in a close contest probably would not eliminate them either.
Just my armchair fan opinion.

I've not come across this FCS rankings before...

I have seen them in the past but don't pay too much attention to them. I just want to see who the top 2 teams are that are playing for the National Championship in Fargo south.......

I'm not so sure a loss is going to knock the Bulldogs out. They have displayed all season long that they are an elite organization. I think the only loss that would justify elimination would be an embarrassing blowout.
Furthermore, an Alabama loss in a close contest probably would not eliminate them either.
Just my armchair fan opinion.
My thoughts too.…as another armchair fan. :p

Shaking things up at Nebraska:

Back