Your 2021 College Football Thread

Wow…and with three weeks of games left. That’s a tough time to make such a drastic change with the coaching staff. Nebraska has had a tough year…so close so often, but unable to just squeak by in close games.

I really think they’ve looked much better than their recorded would otherwise indicate.

Wow…and with three weeks of games left. That’s a tough time to make such a drastic change with the coaching staff. Nebraska has had a tough year…so close so often, but unable to just squeak by in close games.

I really think they’ve looked much better than their record would otherwise indicate.

Fans, sponsors, and donors see the W/L record as the gospel while largely ignoring the improving talent and never give up attitudes on the field... unfortunately.
Living in Nebraska, I've noticed that in-depth talk and general buzz about the Huskers has been almost silent for a few years now. Eh, they should have kept Pelini, despite the head butting with then-AD Eichorst. Instead, Eichorst completely fabricated allegations that Pelini was disrespectful towards the players and fans, which wasn't true in the slightest...Pelini was only as disrespectful towards Eichorst as Eichorst was to Pelini.

Last edited:
Fans, sponsors, and donors see the W/L record as the gospel while largely ignoring the improving talent and never give up attitudes on the field... unfortunately.
Living in Nebraska, I've noticed that in-depth talk and general buzz about the Huskers has been almost silent for a few years now. Eh, they should have kept Pelini, despite the head butting with then-AD Eichorst. Instead, Eichorst completely fabricated allegations that Pelini was disrespectful towards the players and fans, which wasn't true in the slightest...Pelini was only as disrespectful towards Eichorst as Eichorst was to Pelini.
I felt something kind of similar when Loyd Carr left (or was pushed out) at Michigan. Not flashy or anything, but just a solid coach, with a lot of success.

I really respect Carr, and thought he was a great coach. I think it cost U of M their dominance in the B1G. That said, it certainly helped my Spartans…lol. However, if it had been me, I’d have done everything to retain Carr back in the day too.

* Of course, as a Spartan fan, I likely don’t have the most inside scope on the above situation….just my outsiders perspective/opinion.

For those interested in the FCS playoffs...https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2021-playoff-predictions-10-bzbz/

Fell asleep after 3rd qtr of Pitt/NC last night.
Wow, I missed a great finish!!!

Just watched Cincy beat Southern FL, but the 2-7 SFLA was still in it with under 2 minutes to go. My point is ... can we accept the fact that even thought the Bearcats are undefeated, they struggle against poor teams. Not mediocre teams, but poor teams. It would be a shame and a sham to place them in the elite top 4.

Fire back if you disagree.

100% Bill. However, CFP rankings lost all credibility with me this past Tuesday. I have no idea what that committee of imbeciles will do this upcoming week.

Just watched Cincy beat Southern FL, but the 2-7 SFLA was still in it with under 2 minutes to go. My point is ... can we accept the fact that even thought the Bearcats are undefeated, they struggle against poor teams. Not mediocre teams, but poor teams. It would be a shame and a sham to place them in the elite top 4.

Fire back if you disagree.
Put them in the Top 4 and see if they sink or swim! I love it when a team that hasn't made the playoffs before is close to making it. Especially a team outside the Power 5 conferences. Love it Bill! Ha!

We’ll see Daril. It’s why they play the game. Your passing game against our secondary is a legit concern of mine. Combine that with some key players injured, and we’ll see how it goes.

Bummer is that I could have went to the game. Friend was giving us tickets. Unfortunately a chronic health issue on my part has flared up and interrupted those plans. Very bummed out.

Anyway, hoping to be able to be awake and alert for the game on TV at home this afternoon. I am also interested in the OSU and U of M games. Those should be some neat matchups. Wont likely watch them as its hard to stay awake while under treatment, but I will certainly look for updates or have the games on in the background while resting/sleeping.

We’ll see Daril. It’s why they play the game. Your passing game against our secondary is a legit concern of mine. Combine that with some key players injured, and we’ll see how it goes.

Bummer is that I could have went to the game. Friend was giving us tickets. Unfortunately a chronic health issue on my part has flared up and interrupted those plans. Very bummed out.

Anyway, hoping to be able to be awake and alert for the game on TV at home this afternoon. I am also interested in the OSU and U of M games. Those should be some neat matchups. Wont likely watch them as its hard to stay awake while under treatment, but I will certainly look for updates or have the games on in the background while resting/sleeping.
Hope you feel better. Here's hoping for a competitive game. MD is known to fall asleep or disappear against big ranked teams. Such a gorgeous day here. We'll be out and about and will probably miss the 1st hour of the game........

Good win for MSU! Maryland had their chances to make it interesting but kept coming up short. (Especially the interception MSU got when we had a chance to cut the lead down to 6)

Some good games.

That U of M game was a nail bitter after PSU made it interesting. Congrats DejaWiz. Looked all of U of M, and then towards the end it seemed like PSU was about to take over. That final drive and score was huge for you guys.

Of course I loved the MSU game. Good to see the offfence rolling again. However, as you saw Daril, our defense has some weak spots, particularly in the secondary. We have Ohio State next weekend in Columbus. I am just hoping our offense can keep it interesting. That could end up being a rough one…

Some good games.

That U of M game was a nail bitter after PSU made it interesting. Congrats DejaWiz. Looked all of U of M, and then towards the end it seemed like PSU was about to take over. That final drive and score was huge for you guys.

Of course I loved the MSU game. Good to see the offfence rolling again. However, as you saw Daril, our defense has some weak spots, particularly in the secondary. We have Ohio State next weekend in Columbus. I am just hoping our offense can keep it interesting. That could end up being a rough one…
Hope you're feeling better! Ohio St. beat us by 40+. Ha!

Hope you're feeling better! Ohio St. beat us by 40+. Ha!
Getting there. It’s a process for what I have. Yeah, Ohio St. looked vulnerable at the start of the season. Not so much these days. Hoping to put up a good fight.

Got to give a shout out to my Washington Football team!!! 29-19 over the Buccaneers! We prob won't make the play offs so that was considered our Super Bowl!!!!! Great game! Ha!

Back