Your 2021 College Football Thread

10-1. Very nice. Soon to be 10-2.

View attachment 31502
In all honesty I typically don't cheer for Big Blue, but I will on next week!!!!!!!!
Would love to see the Badgers have a chance to vindicate their loss to your Wolverines.
So you guys go beat the Buckeyes, Badgers will beat the Gophers and a big rematch in Indy!!!
Sounds like a great plan.....probably not going to pan out though.

There's a vacancy in the Top 4!!!

Agreed Bill. Make it theirs to lose with a presumable championship matchup against Houston in their conference championship.

Who knows?
Things could look drastically different after next weeks final regular season games followed by conf championships.

Let's say Mich beats OSU & dominates the B1G championship.....don't they then deserve to be considered?
Could possibly argue same point in many conferences.
I love this time of the season!!!

Who knows?
Things could look drastically different after next weeks final regular season games followed by conf championships.

Let's say Mich beats OSU & dominates the B1G championship.....don't they then deserve to be considered?
Could possibly argue same point in many conferences.
I love this time of the season!!!
100%

How do they not give it to Cincy?
I know the whole strength of schedule thing, in fact I've made that case myself, but who else deserves it?
Cincy has to be Top 4!

Daril, I hope to see you in Fargo!!!

Attachments

• 2021_NCAA Division I Football Blank Bracket.pdf
    212.4 KB · Views: 2
But if you decide to fly in, let me know. If I can help on this end at all with transportation or whatever.
Be fun to get together.

Good luck to your Dukes! (at least until they meet a MVFC team)

I surely didn't see this lopsided victory coming for my Buckeyes. I have been critical of their defense all year, not sure where this one (defense) came from, hope they come next week too. 502 yds. of offense in the first half! Just WOW. Bring on TTUN, I hope Day hangs a hundred on them!!

I surely didn't see this lopsided victory coming for my Buckeyes. I have been critical of their defense all year, not sure where this one (defense) came from, hope they come next week too. 502 yds. of offense in the first half! Just WOW. Bring on TTUN, I hope Day hangs a hundred on them!!
I knew your offense would light up our secondary. Our secondary is just God-awful.

However, even with our injuries, I had hoped to at least put up enough points to not be totally embarrassed, even try to look competitive at times. Not a chance. Totally shut down Saturday.

By the end of the 1st my wife and I were stunned…let alone the halftime score. That was one heck of a whooping. I took out the frustration on some garage re-organizing…ha, ha. Hoping we can get enough people healed up to handle Penn State Saturday.

Very interested to see how next weeks matchup between Ohio St. and Michigan goes. I totally think Ohio St. hands Michigan another loss, but the question is will it be a competitive battle, or is Ohio St. peaking and they run away with it?

Not seeing how OSU will be able to hang another 50+ point whooping like they did against Michigan's defense during the last two meetings, but I think it'll be a 3 or 4 goal spread in favor of OSU: something like 42-21 or 49-20. Seems like almost everybody on the UM fan pages are "ohmuhgosh this is gonna be Michigan's year to beat the buckeyes!" and I'm over here in the real world thinking: uuuuh, nope, not happening.

Very interested to see how next weeks matchup between Ohio St. and Michigan goes. I totally think Ohio St. hands Michigan another loss, but the question is will it be a competitive battle, or is Ohio St. peaking and they run away with it?

Could go either way, really (competitive or a beatdown). Michigan has the ability to hang with tougher opponents, but the question becomes: even with their obvious improvements compared to the few past seasons, can they do it against the consistent #1 talent in the B1G? I think the key factor for OSU will be keeping serious pressure on any Michigan QB put in the game, since both JJ and Cade tend to crumple quickly when the heat is on high, and OSU has the D-line speed, size, and talent to smoke the UM O-line and break through with a bit higher degree of success.

Could go either way, really (competitive or a beatdown). Michigan has the ability to hang with tougher opponents, but the question becomes: even with their obvious improvements compared to the few past seasons, can they do it against the consistent #1 talent in the B1G? I think the key factor for OSU will be keeping serious pressure on any Michigan QB put in the game, since both JJ and Cade tend to crumple quickly when the heat is on high, and OSU has the D-line speed, size, and talent to smoke the UM O-line and break through with a bit higher degree of success.
You and I both know there is enough animosity between the two coaches for Day to try, as far as hanging 100 on them! I really do worry about OSU's defense as they have been iffy against the pass. Like you said their best pass defense could be a good pass rush. I can't say I hope it is a close fought game, would prefer a total arse whopping, but only time will tell!!!

You and I both know there is enough animosity between the two coaches for Day to try, as far as hanging 100 on them! I really do worry about OSU's defense as they have been iffy against the pass. Like you said their best pass defense could be a good pass rush. I can't say I hope it is a close fought game, would prefer a total arse whopping, but only time will tell!!!

Oh, absolutely! Day will certainly be trying to put up as many points against UM as possible because OSU's CFP selection chances could very well hang in the balance of how this round of The Game concludes.
Best of luck to the Buckeyes!
Go Blue!

But if you decide to fly in, let me know. If I can help on this end at all with transportation or whatever.
Be fun to get together.

Yes.... Good luck to the Bison! If I do fly in to N. Dakota I want to sit with you right in the middle of the Bison side!
Be fun to get together.

Sparty is reported to be down about 20 players total, including somewhere between 7-8 starters for todays game against Penn St. Combination of injuries and a flu outbreak going through the team. Not good in general, let alone closing the season with such an important game with big bowls implications. :(

Flip side, if U of M has any hope today, a bunch of Ohio St. players caught the flu from us last weekend as it first entered into our team. Unlikely, but hey. just giving those “go Blue” lovers some hope. :p

Back