Your 2021 College Football Thread

I must say, even though I am NOT a Duke or UNC fan (NC State grad), this is a great Final Four with Duke, UNC, Kansas, and Villanova.
Agreed. Great matchups. It’d be better if the Spartan’s were in the mix, but oh well. :p

I have Duke v Kansas in the Championship. I have Kansas winning it all. I also have the Villanova v Kansas in that sides final four matchup. In that respect, my brackets are pretty solid given all the upsets.

However, the rest of my brackets are complete garbage, including the majority of the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 matchups that I got wrong. It is only because of those three teams that I’m looking decent now.

And now that I jinxed it by sharing, I’m sure it will be a UNC v Villanova final. With UNC winning (and I had them losing in the round of 32) Ha, ha.

I've seen alot of UNC-Duke games this year and those 2 teams are pretty evenly matched. They split the 2 regular season games. The last time they played, UNC beat them pretty bad on Coach K's final home game. Whoever is hot and executing their game plan will win that matchup! For those of you that don't know, those 2 schools are only about 10 miles apart from each other! I'm picking Villanova over Kansas in the other game....

I've seen alot of UNC-Duke games this year and those 2 teams are pretty evenly matched. They split the 2 regular season games. The last time they played, UNC beat them pretty bad on Coach K's final home game. Whoever is hot and executing their game plan will win that matchup! For those of you that don't know, those 2 schools are only about 10 miles apart from each other! I'm picking Villanova over Kansas in the other game....
I think UNC beating Duke in K's last home game gives Duke all the incentive they need. And Villanova never gets enough credit with that defense. Duke over Villanova to send out K in a story book ending.

I simply have zero familiarity with any of the remaining teams.
Coin flip time!

While the NIT is basically a consolation tournament, still an accomplishment.
Congrats to SDSU girls! In tomorrow's championship game!

While the NIT is basically a consolation tournament, still an accomplishment.
Congrats to SDSU girls! In tomorrow's championship game!
Congrats to the Women jackrabbits!!! That was a whipping!

Carolina/Duke as advertised!!! Good game!!!

So afraid UNC will have a tough time mentally with Kansas. And Bacot got hurt, which is really bad news.
They'll be all right! Bacot got hurt but came back in to foul out! Funny he went to the locker room for like 10 seconds then comes back out and goes back in the game! That was some quick acting drugs! Ha!

As messed up as my brackets are from the first two rounds, I have Kansas in my bracket winning it all. I am still in the running for redemption.

The trade off is cheering for Kansas and Bill Self, and I am not a fan of either. The fact I have never liked UNC helps a little bit.

Hopefully the game will be as entertaining as the Duke v UNC Final Four game was yesterday. Listened to it while driving home from Florida with my family.

Wish I had watched that game on TV live. Sounded like a classic!

Good game! Carolina wasn't ready at the beginning of the 2nd half. 15 point lead disappeared pretty quick!

G
As messed up as my brackets are from the first two rounds, I have Kansas in my bracket winning it all. I am still in the running for redemption.

The trade off is cheering for Kansas and Bill Self, and I am not a fan of either. The fact I have never liked UNC helps a little bit.

Hopefully the game will be as entertaining as the Duke v UNC Final Four game was yesterday. Listened to it while driving home from Florida with my family.

Wish I had watched that game on TV live. Sounded like a classic!
Good job on picking the winner of the tournament Jeff!!!

Thanks. Usually my overall bracket looks better, but I don’t pick the correct winner of it all. This year my overall bracket looks pretty bad aside from about three teams, but I did pick the correct winner. Go figure. Ha, ha.

For me and sports, the long wait for college football now begins.
5483B81D-9852-4B40-942E-E63A902CBDCD.jpeg

Jeff, I'm watching MSU spring game. I see you guys picked up Jalen Berger. He should do good for you.

Jeff, I'm watching MSU spring game. I see you guys picked up Jalen Berger. He should do good for you.
Great potential upside with this kid!

However, his actions prior to being let go by Cryst worry me. A lot.

Hopefully his dismissal from UW in 2021 for slacking off when not happy with a UW program move, and a new opportunity with MSU, will be a growth experience for him.

I am trying to be cautiously optimistic with Berger. We certianly need to find a run threat to replace Walker. If we do, we can have another great season. If we do not, well we all know how that typically goes in college football.

Well, MSU Green and White spring “game”…errr…practice earlier today. USFL inaugural game kicking off now.

I think I have a football problem.

Back