Your 2021 College Football Thread

Damn! Richmond takes out Iowa!

Indiana lost by 29. What's up Big 10?!?

Iowa and Kentucky’s loses are going to really break a lot of peoples brackets. And Rutgers losing on play-in, and Indiana getting blown out, it’s a bad look for the BigTen.

My wife and I always do 2 brackets and see who picks them better. We each do an MSU leaning one, and a “I’m trying to be more realistic” one.

In my “trying” bracket, I had Kentucky losing in rd 2 to Murray St, and Iowa losing in Sweet 16, so at least the damage is contained. However, I had both in the final four in my MSU bracket…ouch!

Some of the BigTen loses are certainly not looking good for the conference. On the flip side, I didn’t even think Michigan should make the Tourney with their record (or play-in at best), and they won after being down 15. Go figure…

Ohio St. redeemed the Big 10!!! Yeah agree with Jeff ....not sure Michigan should be in this tournament with their record. They'll have their hands full with Tennessee! I have a friend here that had Kentucky winning the whole thing! Haha!

Davidson-MSU. Great game by 2 well coached teams!

Super game!!!

Jeff, congrats on Spartans win!

The only positive I can take away from Badgers win is that when it came time to turn it on, they did. But there's no excuse for only a single digit margin.
I love the B1G, but I just cannot see one of them making the semis.

Somebody can't add!!!

Well, happy to move on. Nail bitter for sure. Now we get the ”honor” of playing Duke in the Tourney during coach K’s farewell tour.

Only positive is that if we beat Duke, then any sort of run is possible. We have won something like our last 3 out of 4 against them. The cliche of: “So you say we have a chance.”

However, we are only 3-12 against them in the Izzy-coach K era. If we do not beat them, another loss against one of the only programs that has had Izzo’s number consistently. At least we are in good company in that respect.

Well, happy to move on. Nail bitter for sure. Now we get the ”honor” of playing Duke in the Tourney during coach K’s farewell tour.

Only positive is that if we beat Duke, then any sort of run is possible. We have won something like our last 3 out of 4 against them. The cliche of: “So you say we have a chance.”

However, we are only 3-12 against them in the Izzy-coach K era. If we do not beat them, another loss against one of the only programs that has had Izzo’s number consistently. At least we are in good company in that respect.
Gonna be another good one!!!

Somebody can't add!!!
LOL
I was slow to catch it because I had a few already, but something just didn't look right!

I just came in from outside and see that NC beat Baylor!!! There goes a lotta brackets!

LOL
I was slow to catch it because I had a few already, but something just didn't look right!

I just came in from outside and see that NC beat Baylor!!! There goes a lotta brackets!
Watched that whole game. NC was up by 25 with 10 mins left. Cruising along! Then there was a controversial ejection on a Flagrant 2 foul by a NC starter and all of a sudden the wheels fell off! Baylor caught up and tied it to go to OT. Unbelievable! NC took care of business in OT! Baylor never led!

We need to just drop a few more of our make-able shots. We are certainly in it and playing strong. However, a few misses on very makeable baskets is the difference right now in being down 4 vs up 4.

Here’s to the second half. It would be a big upset for us to win this one. However, I would love for us to be the ones to send coach K into retirement.

We need to just drop a few more of our make-able shots. We are certainly in it and playing strong. However, a few misses on very makeable baskets is the difference right now in being down 4 vs up 4.

Here’s to the second half. It would be a big upset for us to win this one. However, I would love for us to be the ones to send coach K into retirement.
Good 1st half. Going down to the wire....

Good game! MSU has no reason to hang their heads!

That collapse in the final three minutes hurts. Up five and then that Duke defense stand of block-block-steal and converting that into 8 immediate points swung it all. Was everything you could ask for in a game except the ”W”. Great D and Great O from both squads. I thought we were about to pull away before the collapse in those final minutes.

When MSU was up by 5 late I figured they finally got over the hump. But Duke climbed right back!

Back