YOUR pontoon ideas!

• Thread starter Retired Team Member1
  • Start date
I saw this concern expressed earlier today on the Forum and it is also a concern of mine. Can you guys design and manufacture an optional cover for the extended deck on the back of the tritoon? I have ordered the faux teak throughout the boat. The rear of my boat, although under a factory provided cover and a covered slip will be exposed to the western sun for several hours a day. I have bought an engine cowl cover to protect the engine but remain exposed. I suspect this would be a popular option. If you already have this option, please advise. Otherwise please consider and let us know where you land. Thanks

Scott Gower
Hehe, look up about 5 posts! I agree, shouldn't be an option, should just be.

Does anyone know when the "administrator" comments on ideas?
Team Bennington checks in every few days at best, as this is a sideline task, not meant to be customer service, market research, or anything like that. They have normal "day jobs" as reps for Bennington and spring is pretty busy with shows and such. With that said, I'd hope when the design teams need input this is one of the key assets for them to listen to owners directly.

I just saw a pontoon at the Fred Hall show that had a slide that took up very little room. It was high enough to have the change room underneath. It would be nice if it was removable.

Collapsible hardtop for easier trailering, with camping enclosure rolled up on the inside. :)

I've put a lot of thought into this, figured out most of the angles, materials, brackets, and upholstery, I think we can make the center tube disengage and become a submarine! It already has a fuel tank! Big enough for two, as long as you really like that person, I figure air tanks with respirators, maybe a jet drive, already has strakes, just haven't figured out the re engaging of the fuel tank to the outboard, was thinking something similar to those in air refueling cones for jet fighters, but hey, I'm open to suggestions! Hehe, thought we'd have some light hearted fun this weekend!!

I'm thinking that idea might go over pretty good in the south Florida area. You know, in case you wanted to "package" some extra stuff for a trip ..... Lol !!!!

How about Club Bennington members having cameo appearances in future Bennington brochures/videos!!

How about Club Bennington members having cameo appearances in future Bennington brochures/videos!!
Our house and dock is sometimes in the Harris brochures since they do the dealer meetings and film here at the end of every season. It usually lasts several weeks though.

We could have a little friendly competition B)

I have an idea that I think is long past due. We've only put our playpen cover on a few times so far but it sure would be easier to tell which end goes where IF the bow section was a shade or two darker than the rest of the cover. It would still look nice and we would wouldn't get frustrated looking for the tag.

I have an idea that I think is long past due. We've only put our playpen cover on a few times so far but it sure would be easier to tell which end goes where IF the bow section was a shade or two darker than the rest of the cover. It would still look nice and we would wouldn't get frustrated looking for the tag.
We have come to the habit of always rolling ours from front to rear so we always know that when we unroll it it starts from rear and unrolls to front. That also allows us to use the rain strap (yes that strap at rear to hold cover up when installed) to wrap around it. Personally would not want different shades of color on our top. It would look like it started fading differently. Just get in the habit of folding it in half side to side, then in half again, then rolling from either end. You will find it makes it soooooo easy !!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What I do is just look for the velcro parts that go around the Bimini struts and start from there. I'm not a nice and neat folder when I uncover it. Now it's also in my driveway so I don't need to be mindful of getting out, I just climb underneath, put the poles up and slide out a door.

I do the same as Semper, fold from side to side and roll to stern. When putting it back on I snap the stern from inside the boat then do the rest from outside. Then I crawl in and do the poles. That didn't sound right. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup - I remember those days. I feel your pain. But, like others said, once you figure out a system that works taking it off, just reverse that to put it back on.

Excellent idea though - Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully when we get our boat back, we will figure which of your methods work best for us. The boat is back at the dealer (again) so they can get the camper enclosure installed. Looking forward to that!! I know that will be a challenge too.

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully when we get our boat back, we will figure which of your methods work best for us. The boat is back at the dealer (again) so they can get the camper enclosure installed. Looking forward to that!! I know that will be a challenge too.
I'd love to have the camper enclosure. Maybe in a year or two .....

My wife is very disappointed that the cooler bag isn't embroidered. We use it outside the boat as well, and it would be simple/affordable advertising for Bennington.

If it does become available, it would be a nice Christmas present from the factory to past owners too!!!! ;)

My wife is very disappointed that the cooler bag isn't embroidered. We use it outside the boat as well, and it would be simple/affordable advertising for Bennington.

If it does become available, it would be a nice Christmas present from the factory to past owners too!!!! ;)
If I remember correctly it used to be. My 2000 or 2004 Bennington cooler bag was embroidered. Gerry

Back