YOUR pontoon ideas!

• Thread starter Retired Team Member1
  • Start date
My wife is very disappointed that the cooler bag isn't embroidered. We use it outside the boat as well, and it would be simple/affordable advertising for Bennington.

If it does become available, it would be a nice Christmas present from the factory to past owners too!!!! ;)
We were too. I actually think I made a comment a looong time ago when we got our first Benny, lucky for me, it's what the wife and inlaws do for a business, so I'll just get her to embroider it on. She's been too busy at work to do up my custom Canada toque, but hopefully soon! Hehe

I do the same as Semper, fold from side to side and roll to stern. When putting it back on I snap the stern from inside the boat then do the rest from outside. Then I crawl in and do the poles. That didn't sound right. B)
My cover has tags that state what side is which etc.

Mine does too all 4 sides have a tag an underneath there are different colored swatches one is gray the other is tan. My cover is black, you cannot see the swatches on the outside.

Seriously, if you cant figure out top from bottom, just look at the pole mount/vents .... they only can go one way !! :lol:

Careful... with some of the back yard engineers we have on here; they might take suction cups and put them on what should be the pole end that inserts into the vent, and use what should be the rod holders to monitor moisture collection. LOL :D then they's make snap strips...

front boarding ladder from factory one that is slid out and doesent interfear with trailer. eye lets? from factory every 2ft on railing underside for bumpers small inconspiculis

Last edited by a moderator:
MILO, check out CRONE MFG., heber springs, AR. , cheaper to buy them from someone else though, about $250 but I have bought one for $150. Should be a pic of mine in my gallery. Steve

I just purchased a 2874 QCW . I would like to see a small holding tank with pump out option. You could hook an electric flush pottie up to it with a small length of hose. That way it could come out to the center of a port side door privacy shelter,( under port side chaise ) Be used, then stored back under chaise???? Also on the QCW i think instead of always having 2 aft lounges, the double lounge on 1 side should be an option.

Trailerable cover that encompasses the entire boat, Bow to stern, and snap under the sides. Zippers for the bow and stern doors so it could be ventilated easily. This cover would assist in the getting wet during a storm while at dock, and keep out the critters. It would likely be a 2 person task to cover, but at least make it an option.

I second the trailerable cover, that would be nice, save me from cleaning bugs everytime we get home!

I vehemently agree. A full cover that is both trailerable and comes down below the deck for full dry in protection. Zippered flaps for access and a Velcro-on solar powered roof vent.

May as well add a security system with lasers and flame throwers. Too much?

I vehemently agree. A full cover that is both trailerable and comes down below the deck for full dry in protection. Zippered flaps for access and a Velcro-on solar powered roof vent.

Nope. Don't forget the velcro opening for the fuel fill port and the Bennington logo reversed so when you look in your rear-view you are reminded how awesome you are!

Lasers and flame throwers PDX? Really? That is silly! Obviously you'd want a remote controlled CANON!!! It is a boat!

But keeping this real, you make a valid suggestion about the below the deck thing.

I could see the cover as an option. Ours for the 22' toon has a zipper to split in half for storage. Ours is waterproof so it is twice as heavy as the playpen cover. Most new boaters would not understand how heavy the cover would be.

Some ideas i would put on a new boat.

Swap out every bulb on the boat with l.e.d equivalent . Even the docking lights should be led.

Maybe add some lights under the front docking lights to look similar to what audi's looks like

I would look over all customizations that members of this forum have done and incorporate some of those ideas.

Led cup holders, led courtesy lighting, etc

I want a trolling motor, but don't want it to be on the front of the boat and take up all that floor space. Would be cool to have one built in under the boat with a joy stick to control direction and speed. (Maybe this already exists??)

Backup camera.. Kidding, but only slightly

Drive by wire

Horn on the steering wheel like a car instead of a switch

Volume controls on the steering wheel :)

All I have for now

Thanks,

Alex...

Last edited by a moderator:
Some ideas i would put on a new boat.

Swap out every bulb on the boat with l.e.d equivalent . Even the docking lights should be led. Mine are LED in stainless housings ....

Maybe add some lights under the front docking lights to look similar to what audi's looks like Possibly, but more cost......

I would look over all customizations that members of this forum have done and incorporate some of those ideas. I think they do, and have listened .....

Led cup holders, led courtesy lighting, etc I have led courtesy

I want a trolling motor, but don't want it to be on the front of the boat and take up all that floor space. Would be cool to have one built in under the boat with a joy stick to control direction and speed. (Maybe this already exists??) I think I've seen something like this ...hmmmmmm

Backup camera.. Kidding, but only slightly Cool idea

Drive by wire VERY EXPENSIVE

Horn on the steering wheel like a car instead of a switch Agree

Volume controls on the steering wheel :) Agree, but again more costly

All I have for now

Thanks,

Alex...
Alex I agree with some of your ideas, but others I feel are very costly. I would see where B limits how many options they can offer based on "return on investemnt".

Every itme still takes R&D time, real time testing, and bear in mind, "more to go wrong" if there were a manufacturing defect that they would have to "foot the cost" to repair under warranty. I do like your ideas, I just see some as very costly to incorporate and still keep within a "budget" which B already toes the line.

Technically, it's not anodized to begin with, it's raw, Anodizing is an electrolytic passivation process used to increase the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of metal parts.

Copied from wiki .... ;)
I thought the rails, etc were anodized. When i cleaned my toons the cleaner accidentally removed the anodization, or it removed/stained my rails. Looking for a method to make my rails look like new again :)

thanks,,

Alex...

How about a factory fishing rod holder that works on a 22 sslx. I ordered the 4 rod holder that came with the boat and there is no place to put it. It is just sitting under a seat right now. Dealer didn't even try to install it as there is really no nice place to put it. I was really excited to get the poles off the floor without having aftermarket stuff hanging everywhere.

Back