YOUR pontoon ideas!

• Thread starter Retired Team Member1
  • Start date
I don't like sitting across from a picnick table on my boat. Personal opinion. One That did peak my interest was one that the rear bench seat and a seat that faces aft both fold flat to form a huge sun pad.

Well I finally made it out on a Bennington with the new windshield.  Definitely a step in the right direction but not quite there.  I think it adds to the looks of the boat but the functionality falls short.  The windshield was too low and rather than offering some protection from the wind IMO it seemed to direct the wind at my face.  It is a Taylor made product but needs to be redesigned in such a way that it either needs to be higher or somehow redirects the air flow. 

Like an open bow the center of the windshield closes to help prevent air flow but I also think some work has to be put into the walk through space below.  As it stands there is a material that snaps onto the two helms and it does a decent job but by virtue of the snaps you have to unsnap all the snaps on one side or the other to pass through and then snap it back up.  When not in use it is probably a better look than a door that simply swings open and close but for convenience it does not make the grade.

A windshield is an is an important item to those of us that boat in the northern half of the country due to the fact that if properly done would add a few weeks to the all too short boating season without the hassle of getting into some type of an enclosure.  Not sure of Bennington sales demographics to warrant the readdressing the windshield to satisfy us northerners but am hoping that if the windshield sales draws enough demand that eventually it will be redesigned 

Nice review Link!

I would also like to see "Elevated Helms " as an option on the windscreen models 

A removable/ interchangable windshield. One like they currently have, and another for funtionality. Sort of like hard and soft tops on Jeeps.

Not so much a Pontoon idea, but, more of a Bennington Site idea. In addition to some of the Members Only sections add a spot to share with us what articles are being done about Bennington. I'm guessing Sales and Marketing has to approve the bigger stories.

A removable/ interchangable windshield. One like they currently have, and another for funtionality. Sort of like hard and soft tops on Jeeps.
Agreed. Being since the current (non-windscreen model) windshield is so easily removed, why not have an optional, taller version that can be swapped into place to actually provide some function of being, well, a windshield. B)

Approval needed for the concept for Links request of full wind protection .....

You need to come up with a way to add a fuel tank to the 22 ft toon with a 150 Yamaha. Tank to small for open water fishing. Carrying red gas tanks should note the only option. Maybe an option for an undercount center under deck tank like a center tube.

You need to come up with a way to add a fuel tank to the 22 ft toon with a 150 Yamaha. Tank to small for open water fishing. Carrying red gas tanks should note the only option. Maybe an option for an undercount center under deck tank like a center tube.
Hmm, if I remember correctly, didn't they used to have an option, I think it was called a Mega pan or something like that and it was a 30-33 gallon tank?? Maybe it wasn't a big seller, not sure.

Agreed. I went from a 24 gallon tank to a 56 and I still wish it was bigger. 

The storage area in the center pontoon needs a second access in the front. It could be a little smaller.

Water proof glove box on every Bennington should be standard for phones, keys, billfolds, cash, meds, and on and on. All gauges should be lighted. Speedometer on all boats. Additional interior light in stern area and bow area. Better padding where cover rubs on certain boat parts such as the Bimini latch brackets that are mounted on the rails.

Add an opening in the mooring cover, with a velcro flap to cover when not needed, so that bimini/frame can be kept open in case one is caught in the rain and don't want to fold up a wet bimini into the boot till it's dry. Thanks : )

Water proof glove box on every Bennington should be standard for phones, keys, billfolds, cash, meds, and on and on. All gauges should be lighted. Speedometer on all boats. Additional interior light in stern area and bow area. Better padding where cover rubs on certain boat parts such as the Bimini latch brackets that are mounted on the rails.
I'll second the glove box and lighted gauges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guages should be lit at night.................mine are.

A powered am/fm radio antenna, like many autos had.

I installed one on my helm, works like a charm.

Steve

How about an analog fuel gauge? My last boat had one, but the new boat only has the Smartcraft which I had to calibrate. An analog gauge as a backup would be nice.

...and my boat only has the two Smartcraft gauges and both are lit up. Maybe it depends on what your setup is as far as lighting goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back