Battery cable placement

bunecarlos

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have kind of an embarrassing question- I changed out my battery on my 2017 Bennington 21 Ponton boat. Now the buttons on my helm are not working & I believe I connected the cables incorrectly. Is there a diagram that shows the proper position for the wires that run along with the positive & negative cables? I have power to the motor & the boat runs, just not the horn etc..
Thanks

Dollars to donuts you just forgot either a positive or negative lead wire for the helm wiring. I've done that. The helm wires are smaller than the motor connections and they're easy to miss.

Post a pic of your setup if that's not what's going on. If you accidentally installed positive and negative backwards you may have blown a fuse.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have kind of an embarrassing question- I changed out my battery on my 2017 Bennington 21 Ponton boat. Now the buttons on my helm are not working & I believe I connected the cables incorrectly. Is there a diagram that shows the proper position for the wires that run along with the positive & negative cables? I have power to the motor & the boat runs, just not the horn etc..
Thanks
Thanks- I will do that this weekend!

Back