Custom boat name on Swingback grill

CLDave

Reaction score
I finally got around to mounting up the custom boat name on my 25 RSB. It was fairly easy to do. We found the custom Bennington font, which looks very nice and fits the boat well,

Note: This is for the Swingback on the R/Q models with the mesh backing. I'm not sure if other models (that have the square grills) will work quite as well.

We used stainless earring backs for securing the letters, and epoxied them in place. The small pins fit right through the mesh with no drilling. I secured the earring pins with a dab of epoxy on each.

The Bennington letters unbolt, and leave 1/16” holes in the mesh that aren't really visible when installed. It's a bit of a pain to put the screen back on without taking the swingback apart, but I devised a couple long hooks that I inserted through two holes at opposite ends of the sign to hold everything in place. If I had to do it again (and if I had any) I'd probably use double-sided mounting tape to hold the LED tray in place when reinstalling.

I'll post another photo with the back lit up tonight. I'm so excited that "Gettin Bizzy" finally has her name!

(Edit: Added a night shot)

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 2.26.39 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-07-10 at 2.26.53 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-07-17 at 3.22.30 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks Good !

Very nice. Great job on that!!! Now it’s time for Gettin Relaxed. ;)

Took the kids out for a night swim - looks nice all lit up! I think if I ever remove or replace I'd use fewer pins - you can see the outlines of the pins on the top edge of the lettering. I still dig it.

Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 3.22.30 PM.png

Looks really nice CL! I paid almost that much for my “doomed numbers” so I can see if someone being interested in those. My problem would be installation. I doubt I would have the patience to install it though. I’m sure there are others who would be interested.

Looks really nice CL! I paid almost that much for my “doomed numbers” so I can see if someone being interested in those. My problem would be installation. I doubt I would have the patience to install it though. I’m sure there are others who would be interested.
Good point Julianna - it's not tough to install, but there is a bit of DIY:
  1. Remove the 6 screws in the chrome trim around the mesh on the swingback
  2. Remove the Bennington letters with a 3/8" socket
  3. Install new mesh and reinstall trim screws
If you do it all at one time the adhesive should hold the LED lights in the backing together. I took mine off and left it for a month so my brother-in-law could work with the actual piece and fit it, so it took some additional fiddling.

Thanks for the feedback!

Certainly cool and I think the price is very reasonable. Heck, I’d consider one if I had to same swingback grill speaker system. Ours is the all chrome set up:

IMG_0056.jpeg

Did you get a name for your boat as well ? My numbers were $100 .

Did you get the 3D ? Regular are $90 -$110 ,depending on style .

Back