150 mercury vibration

on the other hand we spend enough money to get a set up that doesn't vibrate the aluminum sides off the boat when they know theres an issue.  I,m not asking them to equip my boat with all my aftermarket wants!

Last edited by a moderator:
on the other hand we spend enough money to get a set up that doesn't vibrate the aluminum sides off the boat when they know theres an issue.  I,m not asking them to equip my boat with all my aftermarket wants!
That is another issue all together...  That is a problem if it truly shakes that bad. Even my aluminum prop shakes a little bit but any vibration that I can feel goes away as soon as I give it any throttle.

Mercury service does recommend the Enertia stainless prop.

Your dealer is being "cheap" if they put an alum on.
There are valid needs for aluminum. It is often viewed as sacrificial if you hit a big rock. Hit a big rock at speed with a stainless and you may be replacing your lower unit. And the stainless prop. Could cost you 20x what an aluminum prop costs. Props do not come with motors. If someone's dealer didn't give them one, could be they didn't order or negotiate one. Obviously a boat won't go without a prop but I don't see it as any being different than any other upgrade on a boat.

There are valid needs for aluminum. It is often viewed as sacrificial if you hit a big rock. Hit a big rock at speed with a stainless and you may be replacing your lower unit. And the stainless prop. Could cost you 20x what an aluminum prop costs.

Props do not come with motors. If someone's dealer didn't give them one, could be they didn't order or negotiate one. Obviously a boat won't go without a prop but I don't see it as any being different than any other upgrade on a boat.
must be on 2 different discusions here. my boat came with an ss enertia prop as specified by mercury. it vibrates pretty good in gear at idle. I think if they know theres a problem with this they should have sent the motor with the split hub they are sending me now. 1 wk later. this is my first potoon and also new to outboards. my question has been answered , thank you for the replys and experience. I know more today than yesterday. dan

What?  Two different discussions???  No way!  That NEVER happens here.

Lol.

I understand what you are saying, but you also said the item was back ordered, so isn't it better that they sent your motor to your dealer guesstimating at least a month ago so he was able to get it all installed and rigged and ready, rather than be waiting until next week to ship the motor? Granted that having a shake like that is not enjoyable,  and I might be thinking of another person's comment on this next part, but wasn't it just at idle? If so it just means you gotta get in that boat and put the hammer down!!! :) now if it's at all speeds, well that's a different story, but once again, at least the dealer has it all ready to float when the part comes in.

Back