2 Bimini Tops and motor question

I can understand the big grin

I have ordered a 2575R with a Yamaha 350 attached :) Also double Top

They tell me it is due to dealer this week.

I have ordered a 2575R with a Yamaha 350 attached :) Also double Top

Congrats, I'm sure you will like it ! Did you order a Jack Plate ? Where are you located ? More questions...Did you get a trailer ?

Congrats, I'm sure you will like it ! Did you order a Jack Plate ? Where are you located ? More questions...Did you get a trailer ?
No Jack Plate ordered. Should I have? Located in Dallas but have a slip/lift on Texoma. I had a trailer already. ( Previously owned a South Bay I/O)

No Jack Plate ordered. Should I have? Located in Dallas but have a slip/lift on Texoma. I had a trailer already. ( Previously owned a South Bay I/O)
You may not want or need a Jack Plate. The other point is that Bennington may not approve using one. We have a 2575 Bennington w/a 350 Yamaha and a 6" set back, Hydraulic adjustable. The transom may have been redesigned on yours. Ours, engine wt. had the tube deflected .625", before the Jack Plate/set back was added. Prior to installing the Jack PLate, we reinforced the bilge/transom and eliminated the deflection. Another point, now the boat carves to the inside of the turn, similar to a well rigged V bottom. Premier uses handling and carving as their advantage over Bennington. In fact, their web-site video comparison is dedicated to handling. Our Bennington now carves and handles as well or better than that Premier appears in the video. Premier talks about time through the slolam course, I would place a little bet for ours, on that, all things being equal. Then, with you, bet for top speed, only if you don't put one on.

BTW, we are at Springtown, west of FT. Worth, 20 miles.....Howdy nieghbor !!!

We also have a couple of cats that we have had on Texoma....A 28 Skater and 35 Motion.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may not want or need a Jack Plate. The other point is that Bennington may not approve using one. We have a 2575 Bennington w/a 350 Yamaha and a 6" set back, Hydraulic adjustable. The transom may have been redesigned on yours. Ours, engine wt. had the tube deflected .625", before the Jack Plate/set back was added. Prior to installing the Jack PLate, we reinforced the bilge/transom and eliminated the deflection. Another point, now the boat carves to the inside of the turn, similar to a well rigged V bottom. Premier uses handling and carving as their advantage over Bennington. In fact, their web-site video comparison is dedicated to handling. Our Bennington now carves and handles as well or better than that Premier appears in the video. Premier talks about time through the slolam course, I would place a little bet for ours, on that, all things being equal. Then, with you, bet for top speed, only if you don't put one on.

BTW, we are at Springtown, west of FT. Worth, 20 miles.....Howdy nieghbor !!!

We also have a couple of cats that we have had on Texoma....A 28 Skater and 35 Motion.
Great, thanks for the info...I hope you escaped the tornadoes today...WOW Dealer says this week so probably be next week before I get it on the water. The South Bay I had handled like a tank. Had the 496HO I/O and sounded great but was poorly designed and never handled good. Ran 52-55MPH but thats about it.

Great, thanks for the info...I hope you escaped the tornadoes today...WOW Dealer says this week so probably be next week before I get it on the water. The South Bay I had handled like a tank. Had the 496HO I/O and sounded great but was poorly designed and never handled good. Ran 52-55MPH but thats about it.
We dodged that bullet (Toronado), unfortunetly, the season is just starting..... Talking with the crew in Montana, they are in a severe drought. Fires are the concern, beattles have killed the pine trees and all the under brush promoted by unusual moisture over the last few years, leaves the area a powder keg.

I hope your new Bennington handles better than the South Bay. We all know enough power can be bolted to a barn door and create much speed. The point is not speed, carving, ride, amenities and etc.,individualy. IMHO, the solution is a combination of all of the above. The packaged combination automatically creates pride of ownership.....Then, best OEM wins. Maybe, most accountable OEM wins.

Premier brags about their little "V" bottom bench mark as the foundation for their secret hull design. (I do credit that little hull as being a bit ahead of it's competitive time.) However, their referance of that hull as the ultimate solution is an example of remaining potential opportunity in pontoon design.

Engineering and developement is expensive. The pontoon market looks to be focused on budget and user friendly comfort. Quality and engineering or lack thereof, is proportional to budget. However, buyer evolution of most products brings us to South Bay/I/O vs. Bennington/350 Yamaha and far beyond.

Ok. Today was the maiden voyage of "Nauti Bouys" ( I have three sons.....twin four year olds and a two year old). We put 3.5 hours on the engine today at an average cruising speed of 20MPH. I had six adults and my three kids on board with a full tank of gas. I was trying to respect the Yamaha recommended procedure for breaking in the motor.....so I did not engage WOT. Boat ran great and is much smoother ride than I would have guessed.

What RPMs at 20 mph with that load?

Ok. Today was the maiden voyage of "Nauti Bouys" ( I have three sons.....twin four year olds and a two year old). We put 3.5 hours on the engine today at an average cruising speed of 20MPH. I had six adults and my three kids on board with a full tank of gas. I was trying to respect the Yamaha recommended procedure for breaking in the motor.....so I did not engage WOT. Boat ran great and is much smoother ride than I would have guessed.

Captain - I was running at about 4,000 rpms.

We just took delivery of a 2575 GCW Yamaha 250 VMax SHO, ESP and double Bimini. My only issue with the boat is I wish I would have owned one sooner. We are just putting it though the break in period. Propeller testing will begin this week. Thanks for the support. I am a believer in the Bennington product!

The ride of this boat is better than I expected.

The attitude getting on plane is Excellent.

The boat handled 8 and cruised nicely at 25 mph.

Brief runs at WOT 44mph 2 people 1/2 of fuel and

My wife is really happy.

quote name='Fastoon' timestamp='1333450561' post='7652']

I

have ordered a 2575R with a Yamaha 350 attached :) Also double Top

We just took delivery of a 2575 GCW Yamaha 250 VMax SHO, ESP and double Bimini. My only issue with the boat is I wish I would have owned one sooner. We are just putting it though the break in period. Propeller testing will begin this week. Thanks for the support. I am a believer in the Bennington product!

The ride of this boat is better than I expected.

The attitude getting on plane is Excellent.

The boat handled 8 and cruised nicely at 25 mph.

Brief runs at WOT 44mph 2 people 1/2 of fuel and

My wife is really happy.

quote name='Fastoon' timestamp='1333450561' post='7652']

I

have ordered a 2575R with a Yamaha 350 attached :) Also double Top

Ok, picked mine up Friday and this morning finally got to kick it up to WOT. 52MPH and think there may be one more w/trim adj. Handles great !

Fastoon, Thanks for the report.....Glad you like it !....Got any pictures, some people may enjoy seeing them

My new boat is still in the show room. I have been told the I/O handels like a dream. I like the idea of not looking at an outboard while in the rear facing seating.
I have a 5 hrs on our new 2575 RCW I/O with the 300 hp, bravo 3. It handles like a dream. This is my first toon and can't say enough good about it !!!!!

Back