2014 2275 GS Build

A fellow boat owner and I both had trouble getting to neutral.

What do you think about adjusting the shift cable or something along those lines?
If you think something isn't right, then have your dealer or a Mercury shop look at it. I seem to remember reading about an adjustment for shifting, so hopefully that is all it is. Good luck with this, and enjoy the boat!

Ok, I don't have the power assist steering on this build.

Big mistake? or one less thing to maintain?

Is the hydraulic steering really that bad of a performer?
I only have regular cable steering on my 150, and I am still trying to decide whether to put in the hydraulic lines or not, if that helps you any. Only at full throttle is it really hard to turn. And it's REALLY hard. But at slower speeds, it's not bad.

I am pretty sure I can live just fine with the hydraulic steering.

The SPS tritoon is so awesome.

I was going across a big chopping lake at 33mph and not hardly feeling a thing. (cuts like a knife)

We loaded up the boat with 6 adults and 6 kids.

Pulled a 2 kid tube all day at 17 mph w/o a problem.

That's awesome. I have also noticed a huge difference going from aluminum to SS on my 200, especially when weighted down heavily. 5-7 mph gain from my old prop! And beautiful boat, too! My first was a 22 SSX with the similar layout. I still miss that big L shaped seat next to the captains chair.

Side note: I was just looking through your pics (awesome, BTW), and I noticed something about your bimini. When I first took out my second boat, I noticed the canvas wasn't nearly as taut as on my first boat. I found the solution was to take the front support arms and loosen the thumbscrew to slide the bar further up the frame until it is close to vertical. That pulls the frame open more and makes the canvas fit tight like it should. You have to do both sides at once to get it just right, but it's really easy with two people. It made a huge difference for me. No more canvas flapping around in the wind and it looks way better too. I never would have known if my first boat hadn't been setup right. Anyway, it looks like you're in the same boat (no pun intended!). Hope that's helpful. Here is a little photoshop job of what I mean. The red lines are about how the front poles should be angled.

poles.jpg

And here is a view of mine after I straightened it out. No more flapping canvas. :)

pineview-24th-13.jpg

Great tip.  So many things seem like common sense, but only after someone points it out.  I just looked at my pics and noticed the support arm was nearly vertical.  We love our biminis -- very sturdy, easy to put up and put away, great zippers to join together and to put the covers on.

I know a lot of people have issues with their dealers, but we should give credit where it's due to the good dealers.  I was surprised at how much work dealers have to do to set up boats after they arrive from the factory, and hearing other people's stories make me appreciate the great work that my dealer did getting the boat set up and delivered correctly -- Hoffmaster's in Woodbridge, VA.   

Back