2020 Fall Football Thread

Not wanting to make enemies here, but have never really cared for football outside the South, where growed boys play. Sometimes I just love a good grudge fight. Watching Ferentz give Fleck the "up yours buddy" last night in freezing Minnesota was great. Hey, Fleck started it!!! Turning Flecks 'Row the Boat' term was classic!! They Row'ed it
Rowed.jpg
3 timeouts in last 20 seconds was brilliant

Last edited:
The best part of this weekend was the PSU loss!!! Franklin was screaming "this is one of the best teams we've ever had", as they wanted the season to be played! Probably eating his words now. This is the only the second team in school history to start 0-4! Franklin is an idiot, and also the highest paid state employee in PA!

The best part of this weekend was the PSU loss!!! Franklin was screaming "this is one of the best teams we've ever had", as they wanted the season to be played! Probably eating his words now. This is the only the second team in school history to start 0-4! Franklin is an idiot, and also the highest paid state employee in PA!
Minnesota may be experiencing some buyers remorse over Fleck as well.
Frost gets break this week! McCaffery aught to be their QB from here on out. We'll see if that lights a fire.
Their defense almost let PS back in the game!
Very excited for the Indiana vs OS and Wisconsin at Northwestern games. At this point these games could decide the East & the West.

I'm hoping for Badgers vs Hoosiers
Edit we get that matchup Dec 5
I'm hoping for Dec 19 as well!

I would absolutely LOVE to see Indiana pull off a W against OSU this Sat and end up in the Conference Championship, but I think fortune will favor OSU making an appearance, again.

Agree with the Big Ten predictions above. Hard to imagine it not being Wisc v OSU. Certainly the best two teams in my mind on each side of the conference. Yet, that’s why they play the games. You never know what might happen on any given Saturday. I’d LOVE to see Indiana beat Ohio State, but man that is a tough one to imagine playing out, regardless of how good of a seasons the Hosiers are off to. OSU is just TOO stacked, along with all their backups.

I think OSU is more of a sure shot than Wisconsin (sorry Bill). If Wisconsin had been playing this whole time, I’d give them a more decisive edge over NW. However, because the Badgers lost a couple weeks of playing time, and NW has been playing the entire time and fine tuning things more, I think that is a nice advantage for Northwestern. Maybe evens up that matchup a bit more. Still predicting Wisconsin, but not 100% confident in it for the above reason.

I agree with your predictions.
Wisconsin has looked great....against Illinois and Michigan. This tells us nothing.
The picture becomes much clearer this weekend.

How is Indiana rated higher than Northwestern? Northwestern has played a more difficult schedule by far. Combined wins for Indiana's opponents are three, Northwestern's opponents have 7 wins???

How is Indiana rated higher than Northwestern? Northwestern has played a more difficult schedule by far. Combined wins for Indiana's opponents are three, Northwestern's opponents have 7 wins???

We have to take into account the remainder of the schedule (overall strength of schedule) and the opponents strength of schedules):

NW ranked opponents so far: 1 (2 including this Sat)

IU ranked opponents so far: 3 (4 including this Sat)

Regardless of the rankings of the teams they beat shouldn't matter here, these teams that they beat are terrible at best and should not have been rated at all, based on their performance to date.

Regardless of the rankings of the teams they beat shouldn't matter here, these teams that they beat are terrible at best and should not have been rated at all, based on their performance to date.

Many of them are way down in, if not dropped out of, the rankings today.
Unfortunately, that's how the dice land.
Still plenty of season left, so anything can happen.
NW may very well surpass IU in the rankings, depending on outcomes.

I'm agonna test youn's ability to prognosticate the the silly season. Did South Carolina coach dumping open flood gates. In times of broke athletic depts I don't see how the Gamecocks could make a move like that! I was told the total bill for the purge & reload will be around 30M. Is Harbaugh next? 0-for-ever against the Bucknutz has to have him on the radar screen. Don't be shy, give your guess a try!!!!!
The chickens should have fired the AD who just wasted 30M on a season that can't be saved.

Harbaugh is in an impossible spot.
This year being an exception, the Wolverines have a good/very good record under Harbaugh.
But he is judged solely by his failure to win over OSU.
Unrealistic expectation.

Now how long will Frost & Fleck be allowed to post mediocre to poor results before they are also in these conversations?

You are right about that, but the wealthy powerbroking Alumni don't look at big pictures. As far as Frost, I would say he is on thin ice now. This year will be a write off, next year he better so improvement. I don't understand why the wealthy schools (sCar for example) give out these contract extensions when there are 3 or 4 years left on the original.o_O:eek:

Re: Harbaugh...I worked at UM for 28 years. MSU fan for 40. Harbaugh will leave on his own terms. They still love him there. The President at UM does not see the benefit of a strong football team, as long as the high net worth donors are OK (who are still enamored with Jimbo). The President doesn’t care about wins/losses, he cares more about research. He made that clear when he came in. I love this situation being an MSU fan.

Well, you certainly have an insiders view. At some schools the athletic staff wields more power and make far more money than the educational staff. Think Ala, Ga, Clem, Tx, etc. At many "football schools" a president wouldn't last 6 months with that mindset. I'm sure Big Blue isn't the only school with this approach.

Did any of you happen to catch the Tulsa/Tulane game last night?
One of the best games I've watched all season!!

Didn't know it was on. Wifey owns the TV in my house......can you say 'cooking show'. Not used to College Ball on Thursday but would have watched if I had known. 2 gooduns on at 12 noon Satday

Back