2275 gcw on the way!

gudtyme

Reaction score
Just checking in with you guys.I should receive new boat around middle of March. 2275 gcw,esp,250 Yamaha ,doule bimini top,elevated helm,garmin gps,fresh water system,filler cushion,and center storage.It is hard to sit and wait!

Congrats, remember, PICS !!!!!!!!

Nice Build, what color scheme

Congrats!

congrats, mine will be in at the end of March.

Congratulations!!! I also purchased a 2275 GCW this winter and it's waiting at the dealer until I pick it up this spring.

Sounds great! Did you get the SHO 250 or the other one?

We bought a 2275gcw last year and we love it! I think you made a great choice... enjoy!

Steve

No did not get v-max just normal 250
Hey, there's nothing "normal" about a 250 strapped to the back end of a pontoon!! Haha it'll put a smile on your face as you go zooming by people!!! :D

The Yamaha rep told me at the boat show last year that the normal 250 felt better to him than the 250 SHO on a tritoon--great torque.

With only a 20" motor available, that tells me the SHO's were really intended for bass boats, Bass boats simply don't require the torque that pushing a big center console fishing boat would.

On the Bass fishermen websites, everyone with the 250 SHO's talk highly of them.

You couldn't go wrong either way. I would like to see a test comparison between two identical boats--each with the different Yammie 250.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really glad to see everyone buying these big horsepower high end toons. Now when I want to buy a newer barge there will be more to choose from. If you ever shop for this type of Benny you will find out that the large majority of owners hang onto them for a long time which tells me the satisfaction level is way up there. Steve

Looking at 2012 2275 GCW bow gate seat, 52 in pylon, sony upgrage, steering wheel upgrade, stainless steel swim ladder, merc 115, with trailer and tax an title, 33k

I am in the ordering process on a 2013 2275 GCW Esp, 200 Hp E-tec!! Woohoo! Anyway, the dealer is now recommending I upgrade to a 50 gallon center tube gas tank instead of the standard 23-gallon for and additional $970. This boat will be on an inland lake in Michigan with maybe 25-30% watersports action. I am just concerned about the fuel going bad, the cost, the need, etc. Any thoughts? Hell, right now, I only have 2 five-gallon cans that I used to fill my '91 JC pontoon with a 20 gallon tank with. What to do?

I am in the ordering process on a 2013 2275 GCW Esp, 200 Hp E-tec!! Woohoo! Anyway, the dealer is now recommending I upgrade to a 50 gallon center tube gas tank instead of the standard 23-gallon for and additional $970. This boat will be on an inland lake in Michigan with maybe 25-30% watersports action. I am just concerned about the fuel going bad, the cost, the need, etc. Any thoughts? Hell, right now, I only have 2 five-gallon cans that I used to fill my '91 JC pontoon with a 20 gallon tank with. What to do?
Skipperbill... lot of variables to consider in making your decision.. one is just how much you plan to use the boat and when you use it, are you just going to go a few miles out and back or are you going to run all over the place... my little benny has a 24 gallon tank and I only filled it up twice last season, but most of the time we go less than 5 or 6 miles from the launch and fish....and I'll bet you a dollar that your 200 will drink a little more fuel than my Yamaha 75....like I said, a lot of variables to factor in... as far as fuel going bad, first thing is to always try and buy fuel that is ethanol free and you can always use a stabilizer in your fuel... to help you locate stations that sell ethanol free gas, try this link...

www.pure-gas.org once there just click on your state and then find your city or one nearby that lists stations with e-free fuel.... good luck.. hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 200 Yamaha SHO, believe me, once you get out playing with that thing, your 20-30% will increase!!! Haha one of the biggest reasons we got the center fuel tank is to provide more storage! You can never have enough! That's worth the price increase alone. Just my thoughts. :)

Congrats on the new boat!! I'm jelous!

Back