23spdx 150 Yamaha

Kenpepper

Reaction score
I go to pick it up monday in Minnesota where there is still ice on the lakes my question is do most people get a chance to drive it at the dealer or just take it home and put it in the water and hope for the best I will follow the break in procedures as described by Yamaha. I'm a long way from the dealership 1400 miles lol

Attachments

• IMG_2025.jpg
    IMG_2025.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 116
Sharp looking color combination! Almost like a late 70’s Trans Am - Smokey and the Bandit style. 1400mi from dealer is a huge distance. If not for that, I’d want to test drive it with someone from the dealership during pick up/orientation.

It’s one thing going over it in detail at the dealership, but adding an on water orientation is a very nice option when possible.

Last edited:
I know I thought by now I would be able to drive it but that's not happening at least for another 3 weeks I assume the dealership will have detailed instructions what to do when I first put it in the water I hope anyway

I’m sure they will, and many things are pretty straight forward. When Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate, you don’t have any options anyway. Take your time and play around with it once on the water. Test things out and get a good feel for it is important, and comes with time. After one season on our 2017, I am still looking forward to having a better feel for our boat and our lake this upcoming summer.

At minimum, have them hook up a hose and make sure the motor runs smooth.

Wow, 1400 miles to dealer, I had a warranty issue on my boat the second year and was glad to have my dealer close by. I personally would have agreed to pay more to purchase from a dealer closer to me just for the peace of mind

Congrats on the boat! Dang it I love that black out package. Just changes the entire look! We had the option of going out with the dealer before we brought it home. I think if you let them know ahead of time that you'd like to do that, they'd be happy to accommodate.

We got the 23spdx model as well. Really liking it so far :) Have a safe drive to and from the dealership.

Congrats on the boat! Dang it I love that black out package. Just changes the entire look! We had the option of going out with the dealer before we brought it home. I think if you let them know ahead of time that you'd like to do that, they'd be happy to accommodate.

We got the 23spdx model as well. Really liking it so far :) Have a safe drive to and from the dealership.en lo
It's going to be hard with all the Minnesota lakes frozen lol I assume your boat had been in the water already. How the 200 merc.. treating you?

Yes, I would think an actual sea-trial would be preferable but obviously not required. My dealer doesn't do them on weekends so we were left on our own but I survived... :)

Oh ya... Been out 4 times already! Took my mom and step dad for a cruise and docked at a restaurant near the river Tuesday and had dinner, which was amazing! Doing it again tomorrow.

The 200 Merc Verado is awesome. My husband hit nearly 47 mph the other day. It moves right along! Skiing and wake boarding should be no problem if we decide to go that route in the future.

Were you the one who was considering the boat we got? Can't remember... If so, what made you change your mind on it? Just curious. .

Oh ya... Been out 4 times already! Took my mom and step dad for a cruise and docked at a restaurant near the river Tuesday and had dinner, which was amazing! Doing it again tomorrow.

The 200 Merc Verado is awesome. My husband hit nearly 47 mph the other day. It moves right along! Skiing and wake boarding should be no problem if we decide to go that route in the future.

Were you the one who was considering the boat we got? Can't remember... If so, what made you change your mind on it? Just curious. .
Yes I just wanted to special order 1 so I could have exactly what I wanted. I didn't want the sink and I wanted the black out package since I wasn't in a hurry I just ordered it exactly how I wanted it. I loved that boat though glad you guys are enjoying it

Yes I just wanted to special order 1 so I could have exactly what I wanted. I didn't want the sink and I wanted the black out package since I wasn't in a hurry I just ordered it exactly how I wanted it. I loved that boat though glad you guys are enjoying it

Yaaaaa, every once in a while I think...Hmmm.... It would have been nice to have custom ordered our boat.
Really the only thing I think I'd change is the exterior color. Not that I don't like the white/champagne, but there's something about the black boats that just call to me. And that black out package! Wow!

Actually ours doesn't have a sink, but there's that area for one. We were considering adding one, but we're not sure we'd use it, so we're holding off for now.

What color is your interior? Are you by chance buying from River Valley?

Yaaaaa, every once in a while I think...Hmmm.... It would have been nice to have custom ordered our boat.
Really the only thing I think I'd change is the exterior color. Not that I don't like the white/champagne, but there's something about the black boats that just call to me. And that black out package! Wow!

Actually ours doesn't have a sink, but there's that area for one. We were considering adding one, but we're not sure we'd use it, so we're holding off for now.

What color is your interior? Are you by chance buying from River Valley?[/QUOTE
Our interior is Tuscan dune with espresso accents it'll probably get a little warm in the Sun being dark. Since I didn't have a local dealer here in Idaho just make some calls and found a really great price on one although I have to drive a long ways for it Bennington assured me I could get warranty work done if I take it to a local dealer. We have an authorized Yamaha dealer in our town so I'm not worried about that

Wow, 1400 miles to dealer, I had a warranty issue on my boat the second year and was glad to have my dealer close by. I personally would have agreed to pay more to purchase from a dealer closer to me just for the peace of mind
I saved 10,000 thats expensive peace of mind

Last edited:
We were considering a dealership in Minnesota too, but it just wasn't feasible to make that haul. The boat was a ton cheaper though!

I like the black as well. I was lucky that the boat with everything my wife and had on our list, was on the dealer's lot. It was just meant to be. Black with the blackout package.

I like the black as well. I was lucky that the boat with everything my wife and had on our list, was on the dealer's lot. It was just meant to be. Black with the blackout package.
ours is Smokey granite and Havana what is your accent color

D5C8B970-1894-4A0D-BBB2-6C9B179B6E0D.jpeg
ours is Smokey granite and Havana what is your accent color

And for the following question, I get right at 38 MPH WOT, with the wife, pup, and me, then all of the stuff we have loaded in it.

Back