24 SSLDX

newowner

Reaction score
Could anyone help us decide on a 24 ssldx tritoon with a 150 yamaha motor. Is this enough engine for this size boat?   If anyone has this set up and could give us some feed back would be appreciated.

any help also with pontoon vs a tritoon? 

thanks

The 150 hp engine is perfect for the 24 Bennies and the SPS or Express Tube hull.  Propped and setup right, you'd experience 40 mph.

If you were sticking with the twin 25" toons, the 115 hp would be the one to stick with.

My vote would be the 150 with the SPS.  Lakeliving has some video of his speed and turn ability I his gallery

150 SPS  @ Minimum .Very expensive to upgrade later 

I have a 24 SSL with Express. SPS wasn't an option at the time I bought it, but I would go with SPS over Express if I had the choice.

What is the "D"?

The D turns the rear ounger into a dining table. The guys have it right with going with the sps package. I went with the F200 just to be sure and I think it is a beast. It corners great and has plenty of grunt when the boat is loaded. Here is the clip Link was referring to.

I also read somewhere that blue boats are faster too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR-1yh3MYjI

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again you are absolutely correct Lakeliving; blue boats are faster than the yellow and green ones and are not far behind the matador red ones

D ,Dual Stern Gates ?

Nope .just checked the build site 

Last edited by a moderator:
Black is the fastest. It's a proven fact. The extra heat from the sun on dark paint colors makes the air slip over the surface easier. Less drag. How many white NASCAR or Formula cars do you see out there? But only during the day. All paint colors are the same temp at night and would have the same drag.

Ha ha ha ha! I made all that up in case you weren't sure.

Once again you are absolutely correct Lakeliving; blue boats are faster than the yellow and green ones and are not far behind the matador red ones
Want to race and settle it?

The express tube does not come all the way to the back. The sps tube comes all the way back to the motor and has better handling.

the boat I'm looking at has a 150 on it. would that motor struggle to push the tritoon. 

Black and Tan!!!!

I have an SPS with a 150 Merc ,I can get to 38 with clean toons .

Plus my Arch weighs  as much as 2 additional people 

Back