25Q Got my video to work

That's your rig too? Man you are doing something right!! What's in the tow behind?

Wild & Free This is what makes the world go round; we are all different. For Kathy and I we like crowds, the more the better. Our cabin is in an association with 18 other cabins. We love the camaraderie and hanging out with the neighbors [everyone calls it "family"]. In fact after being together 30 years and the first marriage for both of us, we got married in 2011, the year after we bought our cabin [and 2 years after we bought our first boat]. Out of the 106 people at the wedding 24 of them were our lake family. We like the association so much we just bought a larger cabin in the association and this one is direct waterfront. My best man at the wedding who I have known since we were 5 years old is like you, lives out in the country and likes the peace and serenity. The one thing we all have in common, we love our Bennys

Fatee, That is SWEET

Fatee, let us know some details about what it takes to run the tv. I would occasionally like to bring one for special events but do not need it permanent. When you get some actual use in bright sun I wonder if it will need a "shadow box" to be able to see the picture better. Thanks, Steve

Fatee, let us know some details about what it takes to run the tv. I would occasionally like to bring one for special events but do not need it permanent. When you get some actual use in bright sun I wonder if it will need a "shadow box" to be able to see the picture better. Thanks, Steve
steve: We added a extra battery and dedicated 2 for the stereo and tv, and left one for starting, haven't tried yet for any amount of time, to see how long it lasts, I think i will have to add some kinda of shadow box.. maybe just velcor tinted wings make out of dark plexi glass if needed.. once the bemin is up, it might be o.k.. i will let you know,

Wow: that's and impressive toy box. Looks like your set up for the winter off road season and now your set up for the summer boating season.

Best of both worlds. You know your in trouble when you have so many toys that you have to make time to make sure you use them all LOL.

Hey I saw your TV and our friends have pretty much the same set up in their 2275 RCW. But they have a Sat Dish. It's a big o white golf ball looking antenna. When they bring their boat out I will post some pics but their set up is pretty much the same as yours. Pop up TV and all. They had a larger custom box behind the driver made to hold a bigger flat screen. The TV & sat dish brings mixed reviews just as yours does. Pretty much the same sediment some people love it and other place their palms over their face. I personally think its cool. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us all.

gee: Thank you.. I think that will be pretty much the norm, some love it. some hate it, and don't understand it.. last year a friend of mine had a tv on his boat with the sat dish,, and there was this guy that couldn't stop slamming him about why and just couldn't he did that, then we were hanging out in a cove anchored with about 5 boats, he pulled up to one of the boats in the group since he knew them and tied up.. we were all just having some beers , floating kids swimming, when my buddy turned on a baseball game, wouldn't you know it, it was this guys favorite team, the player hit a home run and we all were clapping and he said, wow what just happened... my buddy looked at him and said. wouldn't you like to know... it was a momment that you woujld have had to been there, totally classic.. he never said another word about it... personally i'm not out to win a popularity contest, i wanted it, so i did it.. end of story... and if you ever make it to havasu, let me know,, and we can watch a game together.. haha

That's a great story. You need to make a commercial! You know, "buds, bennington and baseball......doesn't get any better than this! " :)

Those are wild!! That's what I call family bonding time!!

Sweet toys! You can't beat playing in the sand box
Lovrenich-04_zpsaf159048.jpg

Do you need a CDL to drive the RV?
That is a great Question... so yes and no... I have a non-commercial class A.. which legally doesn't cut it, but my buddy is a sgt CHP.. and he told me, unless a DOT cop pulls me over.. there aren't many out there that even know what you are suppose to have, and to just show him your class a.. and play dumb.. a fellow dunner did just that going to glamis last year, He got a ticket for speeding ( Ca 55 mPH).. gave him his license reg ins.. got his ticket and moved on.... there is really a big contraversey ( spell check sorry) on all the rv forum about this, becaause i don't use it as a commercail vehicle, even though it is reg as one, ( becasue of weight) but use is private... I even called the scales D.O. T. chp.. and they told me to check with my DMV... went to DMV and they said, they cannot give out what class i need.. only will give me what i test for... so there you have it.. jeff

One more thing almost forgot... it is consired a house car acording to Califronia handbook.. and am exempt from a air brake endorment.. go figure...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, what, a truck at what 25995 lb, no CDL.

26,000 and yup, need CDL...... Go figure.

The laws are so hard to understand anymore ...... RV's are that gray area .......

Oh yeah , sweet toys !!!!!

I'm guessing you take that saying very serious about those "with the most toys .........

Last edited by a moderator:
right on... as long as they roll and you have fun, that's all it's about... Where do you guys go, didn't know of any dunes your way..
Silver lake sand dunes are located on the west side of the state. The dunes run right up to the shores of Lake Michigan. Not a large place like glamis but fun for sure. I've driven there in the buggy (3 hour drive) zipped around the dunes for the weekend then drove it back home. I'd love to have a long travel like yours. I love seeing/hearing twin turbo v-8's in the dunes. My buddies rail is the one in the background in this picture.
100_2239_zpsf80e7570.jpg

Silver lake sand dunes are located on the west side of the state. The dunes run right up to the shores of Lake Michigan. Not a large place like glamis but fun for sure. I've driven there in the buggy (3 hour drive) zipped around the dunes for the weekend then drove it back home. I'd love to have a long travel like yours. I love seeing/hearing twin turbo v-8's in the dunes. My buddies rail is the one in the background in this picture.
100_2239_zpsf80e7570.jpg
Right on... it's not always about having the biggest playground or the High Dollar Toys, Ive had my share of VWs, beam cars, started out with my dad in 70s, Our problem like with glamis, is there is just too many damm people, if the wind blows and there is a modest crowd, the dunes are pretty nice, and you can dune in a Beam car and have a blast.. but get a big holiday weekend, I even get beat to shit sometimes..So it kinda forces you to go big so you can actually enjoy it, There are still a good share of vw's out there, but they are not in big numbers, I loved my vw car , had a 2276 nitrous, and was diffently a E ticket ride.. We run up to St Anthony in the summer once in a while.. and those are some really awesome dunes, not even close to the acreage of glamis, but smoooooothhhhh... and big bowls.. Jeff

Back