303 Fabric Guard

I use this for the cover.

I agree, the new vinyl seems to be wearing well. It does get dirt in the texture, but a quick soft bristle brush rub and it looks fine.

I am having a problem with my cover bleeding onto my upholstery wher it go over the front seats. 4thyear and never had the problem before. Black cover, ivory seats. 

I believe they had a fabric problem. Tell your dealer.

I apply once a season 

There are different products for each application ,aerospace protectant  for seats on the older models  ,nothing is recommended for new models 

https://www.amazon.com/303-30313-CSR-Protectant-Plastic-Fiberglass/dp/B00KN0UOEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503587993&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=303+aerospace+protectant&psc=1

Fabric Guard ,for Carpet ,Mooring cover & Bimini and boot 

https://www.amazon.com/303-30674-Upholstery-Protector-Repellent/dp/B0000AY1W7/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1503588111&sr=1-3&keywords=303+fabric+guard+water+repellent

Last edited by a moderator:
And the seats of my golf cart

I have used it on my cars ,boats and hats . Going to try a coat/jacket

I have used it on my cars ,boats and hats . Going to try a coat/jacket
Jack I've applied it on a windbreaker. Worked really good. But after I washed it a few times of course the it didn't bead up as much. Must be the soap......

Thanks ,a reapplication should fix that after a wash .
What material was the windbreaker ?

I
Thanks ,a reapplication should fix that after a wash .
What material was the windbreaker ?
It is a polyester blend windbreaker.......I’ve also sprayed it on shoes.....

Last edited:
I am glad with the Simtex there is no need for the 303 any more. I love the new vinyl. Cleans really easy.

I just noticed your Simtex reference. Are you still satisfied with stain resistance, or would consider the 303? We have a number of grandchildren ... and never know what they might do to the seats :) Thoughts/advice? Thanks in advance!

According to Bennington the 303 as not needed.

I just noticed your Simtex reference. Are you still satisfied with stain resistance, or would consider the 303? We have a number of grandchildren ... and never know what they might do to the seats :) Thoughts/advice? Thanks in advance!

Yes, I am very satisfied with the simtex. I put almost 100 hours on my Bennington last summer with Simtex and had all kinds of company and we had no issues with cleaning using 409 and fantastic and a medium scrub brush. In my opinion simtex cleans easier than soft touch seats I had prior. I don’t use 303 and have no plans to use it. I never used any protectant on my first Bennington and the seat looked brand new after 10 years. The best thing you can do for your seats is keep your boat covered when you don’t use it.

Our seats look like new after our first season with our boat and Simtex seating. We did do dealer protectant on it at purchase, and are generally clean. That said, we had company on the boat all summer, so it did get plenty of use. In the end, we never had to use more than soap and water to clean anything up. Hoping it stays this way long term.

Yes, I am very satisfied with the simtex. I put almost 100 hours on my Bennington last summer with Simtex and had all kinds of company and we had no issues with cleaning using 409 and fantastic and a medium scrub brush. In my opinion simtex cleans easier than soft touch seats I had prior. I don’t use 303 and have no plans to use it. I never used any protectant on my first Bennington and the seat looked brand new after 10 years. The best thing you can do for your seats is keep your boat covered when you don’t use it.

I agree Ray......Covering the boat will keep the interior looking new. We are going on our 11th season with ours......Its 14 yrs. old.

To those who posted replies to my Simtex questions, thank you for sharing your experience. I have Simtex on a new boat, and it will be my first experience with this material. Cheers!

Back