Adding (welding) an second transducer bracket to the back of toon?

Mcar

Reaction score
Only one of my toons has a transducer bracket. Has anyone added (welded) a transducer bracket to their toon? I'd like to add underwater lights and mount them to the transducer bracket on each toon, but only have one bracket.

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Only one of my toons has a transducer bracket. Has anyone added (welded) a transducer bracket to their toon? I'd like to add underwater lights and mount them to the transducer bracket on each toon, but only have one bracket.
Welcome to the forum Mcar! Just get a good local welder to weld an aluminum bracket on to the back of your toon. We had a splash guard that had about half of the weld separating/cracked and a welder fixed it right up. Cost was $20.

w5pfg

Reaction score
My neighbor recently had this same work performed on his Bennington. Ensure that the welder understands he can't simply weld to the toon without opening it up, otherwise it may burst.

Mcar

Reaction score
I thought it would be just that simple. Thank You for the reply.

Spoiledrotten

Reaction score
My neighbor recently had this same work performed on his Bennington. Ensure that the welder understands he can't simply weld to the toon without opening it up, otherwise it may burst.
I guess I was lucky with my first Benny. Hit a submerged log with it, and split the seam at the back cap. Welder did his thing without incident. I can surely see pressure building on a long weld. This was about 3” long.

Poppy21

Reaction score
Just had a second bracket welded to mine so I could add another anode. No issues. I did worry about it at first until the boat yard owner told me that the welder has done several over the last 10 years for him.