all this boat speed

Bigger stereo

I recently said I liked cruising at 15mph; I exaggerated; 7 - 10 is more my speed ^_^

Zero is my favorite cruising speed. No captains duties to deal with, no tubes to pull, just sit and stare out at the horizon. Can't wait for noon to get here.

Like that too Kaydano but my favorite is cruising close to the shoreline looking at the camps

I think what Guardrail is saying is there's a lot of talk about big motors and WOT speed on this forum, and we forget the real reason most of us bought a pontoon, which is to relax and slow cruise. Or "go zero".

Point taken.

Agreed! We always just slow cruise. "Open it up" once in a while just to vary RPMs. Love to just chill and converse. Of course we are on a 400 acre lake also.

Yup some of the best times on the pontoon boat is after you hear the anchors hit the water and tie up!!! Who's hungry?!?

Like that too Kaydano but my favorite is cruising close to the shoreline looking at the camps
I agree...cruising the shoreline is a lot of fun...

We also have a slow moving "river" that connects our lakes, it has a bunch of bridges over the river...I love just cruising at idle speed through this area...

Here is a satellite view of the river and bridges...

med_gallery_5614_596_1024285.png

we also love cruising the shoreline.  the lake we are on in northern MN  is 40 miles long, 365 islands, 40,000 acres and has 1200 miles of shoreline. Hardly ever run out of beautiful scenery.

dano,

Us too......the TN river always gives us something new to see...Decatur, Al is 50 mi or Chattanooga is 80 mi..you just need a longer boating season!  I don't miss the winters.

I am a native Minnesotan I wouldn't know how to act with a longer warm season.

I too am looking forward to doing more long distance cruising on the Tennessee River.  It's 650 miles of the finest water touring in the U.S. (Paducah to Knoxville.)  

And if you're careful with your stops, there are motels, resorts and state park inn's along the way to stay in.  We're good up until October on the water if the weather's good.

Sorry guys- quoting Maverick- "I feel the need, the need for speed". Cruising is nice, but I love seeing the faces on runabouts being passed by a barge with a bunch of kids doing a dance on board. Lol

As a forum member stated (RKnills I think it was) seeing the looks on peoples faces when they are passed by a "finished basement". LOL that comment still cracks me up.

Drive slow.........so as not to spill your cocktail! :)

As a forum member stated (RKnills I think it was) seeing the looks on peoples faces when they are passed by a "finished basement". LOL that comment still cracks me up.
I must have missed that comment.  Getting very hard to keep up with all the posts.

That is funny.  Passed by a flying finished basement...

Sorry guys- quoting Maverick- "I feel the need, the need for speed". Cruising is nice, but I love seeing the faces on runabouts being passed by a barge with a bunch of kids doing a dance on board. Lol
We like to see the looks when we turn it like a sea doo...

I had a brand x pontoon pull up beside me and say I had the coolest boat he has ever seen. He saw me race and beat a speedboat.

"Stop and Smell the Roses" Wife and I take it slow and easy. No more Hustle and Bustle of the working days What is the rush? Now that the Merc. is running right, top at 5k turns is 18 mph. Fast enough for two old F--ts. At most we cruse at 2k or 7 mph. Faster gets you down the lake quicker but than what? You turn back and in 6 minutes you've done the lake. Pack up and go home. We still have an hour to cover the lake and enjoy the sights.

NO GREAT RACE.

Back