Am I the only one frustrated by ....

I am not going to post the link because I don't want anyone getting in trouble, but I just found a 2575 RCW with an MSRP of 89k on sale for 68k, at a dealer.
24% off MSRP. Not too bad to start with.

More than 25 dealers potentially could have sold me a boat, except it said "call for a quote".  I will never call, if the deal is good they would list the price.  It is not that good so they want you to call and they can throw there sales pitch at you.  I did email one for a quote though, because it said you could.  Put the price of the boat up and say if this is with engine or without.
Completely agree. When I was shopping for a pontoon, I would blow right past anything that said to call for a quote...Too much work.

Completely agree. When I was shopping for a pontoon, I would blow right past anything that said to call for a quote...Too much work.
So if they had the MSRP listed, would you call them?

So if they had the MSRP listed, would you call them?
My answer would be yes if the MSRP was close to my budget and maybe I thought I could deal.  If MSRP is way out of budget, then why waste anyone's time.  I don't want to call just to find out the boat is 85k and I was looking in the 50's, waste of my time.

Scott, if you are shopping pure price bennington may not be the manufacturer for you. If you are shopping for best value then imo Bennington is the only manufacturer for you.  My advice is to look at the MSRP and multiply it by .85 to give you a realistic "Buy Number".  At that point if it is around your budget give the dealer a call and he will provide you with a quote. 

One other thing, you don't want to be a member of the PADS crew.  Make sure you are getting everything you want on the first order

Link, Scott already bought a boat.

Scott, if you are shopping pure price bennington may not be the manufacturer for you. If you are shopping for best value then imo Bennington is the only manufacturer for you.  My advice is to look at the MSRP and multiply it by .85 to give you a realistic "Buy Number".  At that point if it is around your budget give the dealer a call and he will provide you with a quote. 

One other thing, you don't want to be a member of the PADS crew.  Make sure you are getting everything you want on the first order
Link, yes, as Carl said I bought a Bennington already.  I had what I wanted in mind and then price shopped.  To be completely honest, out of the top models, Bennington was the only ones giving really good deals.  Yes, I am already spending a bunch of money on add ons to get what I want.  One of my reasons why I am still on boatbuilder :)

Yeah Guardrail is the one who started this thread as he seems to be looking for a boat or a new boat, still not sure. And Scott, if you have a new boat who cares what dealers post for prices? Am I missing something? I stopped looking for pricing on a new truck when I drove to the dealer to sign on the line. Are you buying another one or just really bored?

Yeah Guardrail is the one who started this thread as he seems to be looking for a boat or a new boat, still not sure. And Scott, if you have a new boat who cares what dealers post for prices? Am I missing something? I stopped looking for pricing on a new truck when I drove to the dealer to sign on the line. Are you buying another one or just really bored?
:) Did you miss the topic of this thread?  I was replying to it :)

. I know that the 2 dealers I dealt with one was very friendly had great prices worked with me threw in a lot of extras and I will be back. The other dealer was not friendly at all.  Take it or leave it we don't care . We sell more boats than anyone , they also tried  to steer us to boats we (wife & me) did not want and I think they did not want them either.There was a 7+K  difference in price between the 2 dealers. I could and would not have bought a Bennington if I did not find that other dealer.  For me it paid to shop around. 

I'm glad I did.  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bennington really doesn't police this. Usually another dealer will point it out and Bennington will follow up with it.

Back