Another new Bennington owner....

I thought about getting just the frame work, and installing teak planks for the flooring ...... That might look better than trying to match vinyl with a seam cover. Maybe it's time to give my dealer a jingle to get a price on the parts. At least I won't need brackets welded to the toon like a "mirror" swim platform installed on port side. That might be an option you might think about.

Trying to remember what mine looks like underneath, but I would think this would be a major DIY project. You'd have to tear up the whole back end.

There are times where it is not cost effective to make changes to your boat. I would consider adding an extended deck one of those. I'm all for tackling a project but damn, that would be tough. It's not just the flooring, it's the seats that are on the floor, and the fencing that will need to be detached and reset and all the other incidentals. And I don't think bennington would be to eager to warranty that type of modification. I can write a PAD prescription if needed. We didn't get the extended deck on ours as we put the funds towards more hp. If money was not an option we would have added it though. Our 22sslx didn't have one and we were still able to board, tube etc so that is another reason it didn't make the must have list. Congrats again on the new boat.

One thing I did like on the standard rear deck is the aluminum ladder vs. the stainless steel ladder.  I have yet to see an extended rear deck with the aluminum ladder so maybe that's the only way to get the aluminum ladder.  I'm not gonna sweat it, it's a great boat and I'm just going to use it and enjoy it.  I'm going to spend my money on a couple of electric anchors.  Sure am loving this forum.  Thanks again everyone.  :)

After some more reviewing, I am now pretty sure the only way to get the extended deck is to also get the stainless steel ladder.  I really do prefer the aluminum one so I am even more happy with my boat.  I feel very fortunate that I bought a Bennington with no more research than I did.  I kinda thought all pontoons were the same.  I was wrong.  Thank goodness the nice folks at Nichols Marine took good care of me and didn't just try to sell me a boat.  I can't wait for summer now for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
  I feel very fortunate that I bought a Bennington with no more research than I did.  I kinda thought all pontoons were the same.  I was wrong.  
Yeah, it's just like cars. A Geo Metro and a Caddy CTSV will get you from point A to point B, question is, which would you rather drive to get to point B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back