Another new Bennington owner....

DougandMichelle

Reaction score
We took the plunge this week and traded in our 16.5 ft Sugar Sand Jet boat on a 24SSLX with the SPS package.  Looking forward to having a boat that can do it all and learning a lot from you guys. :D

One more pic.

Very nice and welcome to Club Bennington! Friendly folks here, especially since you started off strong with pictures ;-)

I AM jealous of wherever you are that has sunshine at the moment. I just plowed a few hundred feet of driveway, about 12" deep in snow, plus a few drifts :(

Enjoy the new boat, they're the best!

Thanks much.  I thought it would show in my profile but I'll work on it.  We're in Tulsa, OK.  Those pics are dealer pics.  I'll post up some real ones after I get her home. :D

Congrats !!!! Very nice !!!! Not as fast and nimble, but I guarantee you will enjoy it more. I had a Four Winns Fling, and would never go back !!!

Yep.  We're pretty stoked.  We're both water babies and have two girls (11 and 14) who are too.  This is our first pontoon.  Always had ski rigs albeit small jet boats.  Hoping I bought enough boat here to still pull the normal water toys and skis.  I think I did.  We didn't want to go crazy expensive or get one too old so Nichols Marine here in Tulsa fixed us up.  It's just a 150 but I think with the SPS package and 3rd. toon,  it will do the trick.   :)

Congras on the new toon!

Congrats.  The 3rd toon makes a difference.  Best of luck to you and the girls, let the memories begin

Congrats and welcome. We also have a 24 sslx with sps waiting for us at the dealer. You're going to love that boat!

Congrats and welcome!!

We have ours on order and can hardly wait till it comes in. That is a great looking boat and am sure you and the girls will be happy!!

Marc

Nice looking boat DougandMichelle.  Really like that double lounger!  Where is the changing room on that set up?

Nice looking boat DougandMichelle.  Really like that double lounger!  Where is the changing room on that set up?
Thanks again everyone.  The changing room is under the ottoman of the lounger.

My only worry about the boat in general is if I'm going to regret not getting the extended deck in back vs. the short deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
If equipped it is under the rear lounger. It lifts up and makes a nice big storage, changing room area.

Thanks again everyone.  The changing room is under the ottoman of the lounger.

My only worry about the boat in general is if I'm going to regret not getting the extended deck in back vs. the short deck.
That is about the only option I don't have on my RLi that I wish I had. My next Benni will have it. It would be especially nice for storage for travel or overnight stays. Also would make a nice shower area.

I recommend the extended deck. Starboard side makes a big difference when tube riders are trading life vests and keeps the carpet dryer. Port side gets used everytime we dock.

I recommend the extended deck. Starboard side makes a big difference when tube riders are trading life vests and keeps the carpet dryer. Port side gets used everytime we dock.
I figured.  I've already done the deal on this boat though without the extended deck and I'm guessing it's not a real easy thing to change out now that the boat is built.  

No, it's a lot of work if they would even sell the parts. Plus the vinyl would have to be removed and reinstalled, unless you wouldn't mind seams where the extension would tie in. I've looked at the setup and as a DIY'er I could do it, but it's probably not for the faint of heart. Plus you'd have to figure out the rub rail. I "think" it has a seam under a cap that is on the rear sides....... But it's still a different piece on the extended portion.

Back