Arch vs Tower

Since this is what my plan now appears to be .

Does any one know what the "anchor light is "

( Pic borrowed
gallery_696_59_26551.jpg
from Derrick's gallery Thanks Derrick ) 

I think it plugs into the tower. I think Derrick said that.

I was just thinking, how high is the tower and arch? I'm 6'5" so I'd hate to have to duck down when passing underneath one. Might be something else worth considering.

You'd be fine. I'm pretty sure it's the same height as your bimini top is, just solid, always open, not to mention all 'round friggin AWESOMENESS!  Haha my buddy is I think 6'4 and he didn't worry at all.

Question, do you think the arch will be a retro fit later to earlier boats if you want to change from the Bimini to the arch

I would not think so ,since it can be used for ski tow  ( from  the spec sheet  "Xtreme Arch With Bimini Top (Forward & Aft) LED Lighting & Ski Tow " )  

My mistake 

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked the factory about them selling the arches for retrofitting on older boats.  Their answer was that they were not going to offer them for older boats.  With liability issues, I understand Benningtons position.  I did what to get the newer look.

Just out of curiosity ,what method did you use to contact and how long did it take for a reply ?

I have been waiting well over a week for an answer to a question .

I called the customer service line after the Club show in the summer.  I was put on hold and then the rep gave me the answer.  I don't know who he asked. 

Thanks ,I emailed ,perhaps they are off for the holidays .

They are closed until Monday as I have been waiting to hear back as well.

I went to my local (Colorado) dealer and he had a G series with the ARCH. It looks great. It looks like you can fold it down in a pinch to go under a bridge but it also looks like it would be a bit of a hassle to do often.

My question is about the bimini square foot or inch coverage. Is it an optical illusion or does it cover far less than a standard bimini? I'm talking regular, single bimini, not the hybrid or tower or arch. My wife is very easy going and is leaving a lot of the decisions to me. All she asks is for lots of bimini coverage.

You'd want the standard or even add the forward bimini if shade is the goal. The towers are sweet but are not for shade lovers

Also the tower does not close ,that is why we ordered the arch .We want minimal coverage . In fact last year we opened ours once and that was to see how it worked .

I don't believer any of them fold down ,Tower, Arch or the Hybrid .You are referring to the frame correct ?

Nope, it gets shipped fully upright. There are 4 hex bolts that connect the top and the bottom, but it is not designed to fold. If you did undo 2 and pivot it forward, it would hit your helm and actually be taller than it is already. I wish it could fold, similar to the Skylon products used on MB Sports boats, but it doesn't.
Love your boat Derrick, well done!

This is very disappointing news to start off my new year.   You'd be hard pressed to find many towers across the manufacturers that do not have a quick fold design.  Of course now that I really look at the pictures of the tower, I can see that there are not any potential hinge points that would decrease the height.

I love the looks of the tower and the functionality for watersports fits my bill.  However, I now have major concerns about height of the tower for storage on a lift in a boat house, low bridges, and winter garage storage.

Before this realization my only other concern was adding more shade to the tower.  I was thinking a custom forward bimini that when deployed the rear edge of the fabric could be attached to the front of the tower.  Yeah, it would detract from the overall look of the tower, but I value shade and wakeboarding more than cool looks.  Has anyone tried something like this or seen it done yet?

It is list as an option on the Bennington Build site 

PART NO

MSRP

Bimini Top Double Sport Tower (Custom drawing required price will not vary.)

$1,375

http://www.benningtonmarine.com/Boat-Builder.php?id=720

Nice.  I probably would have discovered that myself, but the site is nearly unreadable for me right now.  i have tried 3 different browsers and even compatibility settings in IE.  The content is there but the organization and navigation is acting very strange.  I'll see if I can somehow find a pic of that option.

Ok found the pics, sort of.  I at least found a thread regarding the front bimini with tower and at least the comments seem to think it blends pretty well.  Unfortunately, I can't actually see the pics or any of the pics in the gallery.

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/2183-just-did-walk-thru/

Nice.  I probably would have discovered that myself, but the site is nearly unreadable for me right now.  i have tried 3 different browsers and even compatibility settings in IE.  The content is there but the organization and navigation is acting very strange.  I'll see if I can somehow find a pic of that option.

Ok found the pics, sort of.  I at least found a thread regarding the front bimini with tower and at least the comments seem to think it blends pretty well.  Unfortunately, I can't actually see the pics or any of the pics in the gallery.

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/2183-just-did-walk-thru/
gallery_3974_251_203401.jpg

Back