August in March

gaztro

Reaction score
So yesterday morning, I checked the weather. Very Very warm in Chicago for this time of year. 70-80's all week. So I was thinking, maybe boost foward the delivery of my new 2012 SSLX. I originally scheduled my delivery for 4-18. The boat arrived in the winter so it was still in shrink wrap. I called Gene at Munson Marine here in Chicago. He called me back and set up the boat delivery in a day with a Captains delivery!!

Every step with this dealer has been first class, they really matched the product. Pete was my salesman, great guy who knows his stuff. 15 minutes with him and I decided on Bennington.

Well, thanks to Munson Marine I have 5.5 hours on my boat. It hit 80 today and was Sunny!

The boat and dealer are awesome!!

btw just got her with twin tubes, no strakes and a 115. It look like a hot little ride me thinks.DSC00870.JPG

Glad you're pleased with your dealer. They help keep Bennington at the top. Great boats with bad dealers are just bad boats. Seems like the dealer ratings on the forum are pretty good. Steve

Definitly a hot looking boat. Post some MPH numbers as well

Congrats on the new Bennie!!!! Great looking boat. Your going to love the twin elliptical tubes. You have the exact same set as mine. However mine is a 2250gcw. However I have decided to add the lifting strakes to it this year. I bought mine right off the show room floor instead of ordering.

Good luck and happy tooning

Munson does a great job! That is where I picked up my Bennington last May. Unfortunately, my boat is still in storage with Munson. As long as the water levels increase I will see my boat on Apr 13th, and Munson installs my lift a week earlier on Apr 6th.

Not sure where you are boating, but if you are up on the Chain keep a lookout for the black 2574 GCW named "Many Stories", or the Chaparral 29 named "Too Many Stories".

She's a beauty! I like the new rail design.

What was the top end speed?

Hi thanks for all the replies. I have not really sought speed yet, still breaking her in. with any luck maybe tomorrow. my wife and I dont have any kids, and just bought this to cruise. The boat rides rock solid, the engine is very quiet. This SSLX has killer looks, the design and layout is perfect for us. We just sat in the rear facing lounger for 90 minutes on Sunday, just tied to our pier. Its kinda funny, I guess I am in the honeymoon phase. 10 mph is wonderful, as is 16, 22, and whatever else she goes.

I came across an older pontoon with a smallish motor. He was goofing around and wanted to race us. After about 15 seconds they were pretending to row.... It cracked us up, His boat became very small behind us quickly.

Very pleased. Its way to much boat for the money we spent.

Get your boats into the water Chicago! Winters over.

ok so another great day. It was 85 degrees for a high and sunny. Chicago? Anyway,the boat at wot hits 31 mph at 6200rpm. I only have the twin 25 inch round tubes, no strakes. It felt great to get to the 30's on standard tubes. 115 hp. my wife and I with 3/4 tank of gas. Driving fast and slow, this boat averages to burn 8 dollars of fuel per engine hour.

ok so another great day. It was 85 degrees for a high and sunny. Chicago? Anyway,the boat at wot hits 31 mph at 6200rpm. I only have the twin 25 inch round tubes, no strakes. It felt great to get to the 30's on standard tubes. 115 hp. my wife and I with 3/4 tank of gas. Driving fast and slow, this boat averages to burn 8 dollars of fuel per engine hour.
Nice ride. Isn't this weather interesting? More darn extremes. For we boaters though it is an early blessing. I suppose memorial weekend it will snow!!

That's encouraging performance for a twin 25 with 115. 20 to 25 cruise will be an easy ride which is no slouch for a pontoon boat.

Keep the reports coming supposed to be another warm day tomorrow. B)

Back