Bennington #2, what an upgrade!

Congrats and enjoy your new  Bennington!

Congrats and enjoy your new  Bennington!

Says the guy getting a new Bennington! ;-)

Pulling a Derrick Syndrome (PADS) could soon become PARAAS, (Pulling a Ray and Alice Syndrome)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome boat, looks great -- congrats!

Says the guy getting a new Bennington! ;-)

Pulling a Derrick Syndrome (PADS) could soon become PARAAS, (Pulling a Ray and Alice Syndrome)!

LoL....Well, I won't do this again. I have to get my boat sold first.  Boat show coming up in Kansas City in a couple weeks. Looking forward to walking on some boats in Winter :)

If you don't mind me asking what did the S Swingback run you?!?

We saw a 2016 R25 Swingback with an arch and a 300 on the back that was the Bennington rep's demo boat at our local dealer. It was in the mid $80's.........Curious.

If you want BK, I can PM the out the door price (after taxes, extended warranty, etc), on our 2017 24' SSBXP that we have on order too.  Just let me know.  Just an S-series variety swing back, but we literally loaded it out trying to avoid PADS.

Those additional pictures look great.  Has me excited thinking about our own 2017 swingback on order.  I can only imagine the enjoyment you will get on the ICW throughout the year on that new boat.  Congratulations!!!

I look at the swingback and love the side rails. However, when looking at the seating compared to my sslx, it seems you lose a seat. I'm assuming the back rest has to be either for forward or rear seating correct? Can't lock it in the middle? I can have passengers using the rear lounger and L lounger at the same time. It's nice to see a double lounger option though in the G, R and Q lines now though.

I'm assuming the back rest has to be either for forward or rear seating correct? Can't lock it in the middle? 

It does not lock so either the bed on the back or bench seat on the front.  Coming from a S20 I actually have more seating. But usually only have 2-4 people at a time riding so its not a problem and its a great spot for laying out when posted up at the island

..........the new boat gives me tingly feelings inside  :p

That's the after effect of PADS. It'll return in a year or so ......  :lol:

Biggest surprise was that the interior mood lights change colors and flash (both slow and fast)

IMG_4397.jpg
IMG_4395.jpg
IMG_4398.jpg

Beautiful. Enjoy that new boat feeling. PADS will eventually return.

You can't sit rear-facing (legally) while underway without the rails, right?

You can't sit rear-facing (legally) while underway without the rails, right?

Not exactly sure, I will ask local law enforcement if I see them on the water (which I rarely do). This boat does not have the rails on the back and to me it looks way better. Now heres a thought, I have an old 24ft pontoon that we use in Florida for diving and it has no rails or seats at all and we sit on beach chairs and have never been stopped. I have had other boats without rails as well that's never a problem so I don't know why would it be different? 

Pontoon-florida.jpg

It would be illegal in Iowa. I asked the dealer at the boat show, and he agreed.

Two things:

1) It may depend on the state, so anyone looking at this model should check that out, and

2) If that's your old pontoon, why would you ever get another one?

3) I guess there are three...  Keep an eye on little kids and drunk adults when they are back there since a layer of safety is removed.

Love the look!  Awesome.

It would be illegal in Iowa. I asked the dealer at the boat show, and he agreed.

Illegal in Michigan too.  We checked when we put in our order for a 2017 24' SSBXP. 

Back