BennTexx upholstery

Remember, Spradling lists it DILUTED! Many of their approved cleaners are diluted, with a freshwater wipe down after cleaning, and pat dry with clean cloth. 

Also, these are "cleaning" instructions, not "protectant". 

Here is the text from the care brochure:

Benntexx is a new luxurious outdoor upholstery with a textile feel.  Developed with an exclusive process that creates a refined dimensional texture, giving it the look and feel of a high-end textile. Plus, it has all the benefits of an outdoor marine grade vinyl upholstery. With its industry leading High-Loft2   backing and Permablok3   topcoating system,  BENNTEXX   is extremely durable and easy to maintain.
When cleaning this product, a soft bristle brush may be necessary because of the fine texture. A stiff bristle brush will not be as effective since it cannot penetrate the subtleties of the emboss.             DO NOT OVER SCRUB! Step 1: Remove excess spill with a damp    microfiber cloth. Clean with a 1:1    mix of Ivory  soap and water.    Next, rinse with clean water and    dry. IF NOT CLEAN, PROCEED TO STEP 2 ON REVERSE SIDE!

GENERAL CLEANING & CARE DIRECTIONS
Always remove stains immediately. Upholstery must be kept CLEAN!
®
®
®

FOR TOUGH STAINS
The information published in this care guide refers to the performance of PERMABLOK3   products in specific tests conducted under laboratory conditions.  Results may vary under actual conditions.  This information is not a guarantee and does not relieve the user from the responsibility of the proper and safe use of the product and all cleaning agents.  The use of certain agents can be harmful to the surface appearance and lifespan of vinyl. Spradling, its agents, and assigns assume no responsibility resulting from the use of such cleaning agents to the vinyl.  Certain clothing and accessory dyes (such as those used on denim jeans) may migrate to lighter colors. This phenomenon is increased by humidity and temperature and is irreversible. Spradling will not assume responsibility for dye transfer caused by external contaminants. Please check compatibility when using this product in combination with painted or varnished surfaces.
Failure to care for your vinyl properly, or use of improper cleaners, may void your warranty & damage your vinyl!
Certain household cleaners, powdered abrasives, steel wool, and industrial cleaners can cause damage and discoloration and are not recommended. Dry cleaning fluids and lacquer solvents should not be used as they will remove printed pattern and gloss.  Waxes should be used with caution as many contain dyes or solvents that can permanently damage the protective coating. Suntan lotion, tree pollen, wet leaves, and some other products can contain dyes that stain permanently.
 Do not clean with pressure washers, as they can generate 3500 PSI and could damage the surface of your interior.  Do not use kerosene, gasoline, or acetone, as they will remove the protective marine top coat.  Do not use any silicone-based protectants.  They will extract the plasticizer, leaving vinyl hard and brittle, and eventually cracking will occur.
Step 2: Use a straight application of   concentrated cleaners such as           Formula 409  or Fantastik  spray   cleaner. Wipe with a clean cloth,   rinse with water and dry.    IF NOT CLEAN, PROCEED TO STEP 3.
Step 3: Use a 1:1 mix of ammonia and           water, or a 1:4 mix of bleach and           water. Rinse with clean water and           dry.    IF NOT CLEAN, PROCEED TO STEP 4.
Step 4: Use a 1:1 mix of isopropyl alcohol           and water. If the stain persists, use            straight alcohol. Rinse thoroughly           with clean water and pat dry. Note: For cleaning that requires step 4, use a soft cotton cloth saturated with the cleaning material and rub the stain in circles 10 times. Pat dry with another soft cotton cloth and check the results.  Never use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or Magic Erasers  . Do not use pressure washers!  
®
Formula 409   is a registered trademark of the Clorox Company. Fantastik   is a registered trademark of DowBrands, Inc., registered trademark of the Dow Chemical Co. Ivory   is a registered trademark of Procter and Gamble. PERMABLOK3   is a registered trademark of Spradling International, Inc.

©2012 Spradling International, Inc. 
® ®
FOR GENERAL CLEANING SEE REVERSE SIDE

Some have had  trouble opening 

I have been searching their site ,I cant find any recommendations for protecting .

I was told awhile back by a company that does vinyl reupholstering that the best thing you use for "care and feeding" of vinyl is to use mineral oil (yeah, the stuff used in Fleet enemas).  It conditions the vinyl and keeps it nice and soft.  We've been using it down here in the hot Florida environment for a couple of years and it works great.  We continue to use it whenever we clean the boat (about once/month it gets a full spa treatment).  Buy it in big bottles at WalMart.

For mildew we use a product called Marine 31.  I have not seen anything on the market do a better job of mitigating and preventing mildew like this stuff.  Gets rid of existing mildew without damaging the stitching (bleach will eat and destroy the stitching on the seats).

As I said before, your playpen cover is your best defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on what your seats are made of Swingback.  See Jack's post above if you have the new Bentexx.  For those with the older vinyl Bennington recommends the 303 product line

I sure would like to know what Bennington recommends to protect the new vinyl seats.  I can't seam to find anything and it looks like others are having trouble finding anything.  Can we get Bennington to comment on this?  I am not sure how to go about this though.  

I sure would like to know what Bennington recommends to protect the new vinyl seats.  I can't seam to find anything and it looks like others are having trouble finding anything.  Can we get Bennington to comment on this?  I am not sure how to go about this though.  

Did you look through your owners packet? Mine came with care instructions. If not, see here. 

I guess I'll wait for boat delivery and read through the owners packet.  I was just trying to have a Bennington recommended product to help protect the new vinyl seats upon boat delivery next month.  I'm good on the cleaning techniques.  

See here also    

Like was asked before, Is there a product that should be used for UV and protection, or just maintain by keeping clean? I cannot open the file either

I just looked this up.  Click Here   But from what I can gather, it doesn't say anything about needing a protectant.

Like was asked before, Is there a product that should be used for UV and protection, or just maintain by keeping clean? I cannot open the file either

I am not using a protectant as it is not required. The upholstery cleans easily and I keep my boat covered. 

I have checked with Bennington and the manufacturer Spaulding and both have said a protectant is not needed, so no 303. Check my profile post for there exact response

Back