Bimini Height / Playpen Straps

Can someone please post a picture of their playpen rear straps connected properly?  I would like to see what it looks like before I go to my dealer asking for a replacement.

Thank you!!!

Can someone please post a picture of their playpen rear straps connected properly?  I would like to see what it looks like before I go to my dealer asking for a replacement.

Thank you!!!

I'll get you something this weekend!

Both of my clips face forward 
medium.ppc.jpg.aa5412c6816b26c63b15fb89e6a77d72.jpg

Both of my clips face forward 
medium.ppc.jpg.aa5412c6816b26c63b15fb89e6a77d72.jpg

Thank you Jack.  That is how I would have thought mine would have been.  If that's the case, then both of my clips are pointed in the wrong direction.  :)

If anyone else has some pictures, posting them would be greatly appreciated.  If I can show my dealer a few examples of how they should be, then getting this corrected under warranty should be a lot easier. 

If I remember correctly on my previous SLX  one was  facing rearward and one forward 

I just got back from my marina ,both of my clips are facing  inward  with a forward angle .

I also looked at a  G model that is there is a few slips down .His are one forward and one back 

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is mine from when I took delivery -- the connectors are facing each other.

IMG_0724 (640x480) (480x360) (240x180).jpg

Thank you everyone for helping me confirm that my connectors aren't sewn on correctly!

I'm thinking it could be fixed locally if the dealer has a canvas shop they deal with. It would probably be ok, but long term it might pull stitching. They should be able to fix it to face the correct way without much effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd be amazed though how many new owners don't know what these straps are for, nor how many dealers don't inform the new owners to use them. JUST A NOTE: My dealer just replaced my bimini cover due to the strap wearing a hole through the cover, so now I loop it over the anchor light mount. Luckily I caught it before it wore a hole in my bimini top itself.

Love this site.  I have had my Bennington only 10 days now,  went to take it out yesterday and had 20 gallons (maybe more) of water pooled on my top,  now I know why.  My dealer (I'll be nice and not name them) told me those straps were for winter storage,  which I guess is somewhat correct.  Another lesson learned!

Love this site.  I have had my Bennington only 10 days now,  went to take it out yesterday and had 20 gallons (maybe more) of water pooled on my top,  now I know why.  My dealer (I'll be nice and not name them) told me those straps were for winter storage,  which I guess is somewhat correct.  Another lesson learned!

They can also be used as a dog leash :p

I've got a strap toward the rear of my GCW cover and just removed it as I didn't know what it was for. I've also got five poles running the length of the boat, so pooling of water seems out of the question on my set up. Am I missing something? Perhaps I need to re-read this post more carefully...

Because there's no seat backs in the rear of the toon, this strap holds the rear cover up to shed water. With 5 poles, you "might" not need it like I do with 4 poles and the flat sun deck. 

Just had a new Sunbrella cover made and now have 5 poles instead of 4. As a precaution I put 4 throw pillows on top of my sunpad to make sue water doesn't pool there. Habit........

Because there's no seat backs in the rear of the toon, this strap holds the rear cover up to shed water. With 5 poles, you "might" not need it like I do with 4 poles and the flat sun deck. 

Yeah, I think my set-up is different. Mine looks like an old army tent front to back: high in the middle and low on the sides. 

Back