Bimini LED's. Are they worth it?

This was my first season with "Sweet T", so you can imagine I made all the rookie mistakes!!  I was almost injuring myself trying to carry the playpen cover off the boat. Tripped a few times stepping on to the dock and so forth. I keep my poles attached to the cover, and carry the whole mess off the ship. Fabric everywhere, poles falling, I looked ridiculous!!  So, here's another tip for those of us that keep the poles attached. Cut 3 long straps from the velcro roll {buy the widest one available}.  I start from the back of the boat when uncovering, and gather the fabris and the poles as I go forward keeping the poles upright.  Lay the 3 straps on the floor in the bow {I put them there when I put the cover on so they're in place uncovering}.  Lay the cover down on the floor and cinch up the straps tight. Now it's a smaller package that I just toss onto the dock. Works well for me!! But that's all I got for ideas as far as the velcro straps go. Well, I have many others, but this is a family forum!! :rolleyes:

Couldn't you just number the poles so you can easily take them out and know where they go back? Just a thought, I think someone else said they did that a while ago.

I always took the poles out as well. Only takes a second to figure out which goes where.

With the poles being adjustable it takes me less than a minute to adjust and install them. When we uncover we neatly roll the cover and it ends up the size of a sleeping bag. I use the rear strap to go around it and hold it tight (makes a good carry handle too). When ready to cover, I just unroll it from rear to front. I can cover or uncover in less than 10 minutes. I can't imagine fighting the poles while still installed in the cover......

Similar to Semp and I store my cover under the helm, fits nice if you do a decent job rolling it up

We have our Benny at a nice private secure marina (no public ramp). When we have guests in roll the cover up and put it under a pick nick table with the grill and the rest of the junk we don't take on board. My poles and numbered 1-4 Bow to Stern.

They came on my boat, however I've never even used them.  If I was ordering a new boat, I doubt they'd be on it. 

I'd rather put the money into a string of LED lights to light up the floor.

I ordered mine with the boat and I wish I would have saved the money. You'll probably see me do a replacement with the 5050 tri-color LED's before too long. My biggest gripe is that you need to have to top open to use them, and even so, the pattern and color is a little obnoxious. It also impairs your forward vision if you are slow cruising. I'll have to post photos of my under-the-seat 44-color Sound actuated party light setup once the weather warms up again. The disco ball is fun too..... :)

Back