Bimini LED's. Are they worth it?

lakeliving

Reaction score
Eager to hear from those that have them. Question is do they give off some decent light or is it just for looks. Wife is thinking she might want them on the next boat.

I did not get them ,because if I am out at night I am not going to have my top up . I want the stars . I  also do not go out in the rain .

However if  I do get the camping enclosure then I would like to have them .

Last edited by a moderator:
The boat I purchased just happened to have them....I don't think I would have ordered them special....

That said, I am glad I have them.    Just a enough mood light.. and I leave my top up most of the Summer

I always have the (power) top folded at night anyway so never really use them.

We only had ours out once at night so I'm not sure they would see much use. Wife was just curious on how bright they were. I'll have to ask the neighbor to see how they like them as well.

Thanks guys.

I have them too on my boat, used them twice and would not have added them had they not been there. Out at night (been out at night a few times) we always want to see the stars so the top is put away and the LED;s are not usable then. That said when we did use them they do put out a nice glow...

Has great effect, also around the speakers and cup holders. But the boat came with them, I don,t think I'd order them without seeing the effects first. At night who has the Bimini up?  Raining we don't go out. Cloudy, maybe we'd go out.  Star lite night, soft music, a good drink, and a pretty lady, that's all I need.

Highpond knows how to roll (or float)!!! We'd be ordering another S so no speaker lighting but I wish there was. Our hot tub has lots of led's and it looks awesome at night.

We have them on our boat and I guess if I didnt have the cabin enclosure it would make a difference, but when we are out fishing at night the bimini lights give off just enough light to fish with I kinda wish that they would change color like red and white but overall the work good for fishing but nothing a lantern wouldnt do.They are kinda cool though.

I have them but haven't been out at night. For the price I'd rather have them and not need them vs. other way around. Then again, I'm the type to buy just about anything for the cool factor .... :)

Thanks for posting the photos. It looks like they give off a decent amount of light. I think we'll order them so they're there just in case.

I would not classify them as a light source but more of a mood enhancer, we go out quite often at night for cocktail cruises with a boat load of people and we love them along with the cup holder lights.  I am adding strip lights under the seats over the winter as well.  Also we love the side lights a lot more than the underwater lights

They were on the toon when We bought our 2009 a month ago. I also place them in the mood light category. Like them and possibly would have considered them if they weren't already there. Very much considering the side toon lights. Would also like to go with the blue leds for the Bimini but still looking for replacements.

I wanted to comment on this post for a while now. However, the new system bounced me out and I couldn't sign on the way I have before. All fixed now! I have the bimini lights and love them. I can't get enough lights! I have every light option offered. I also cruise at night with the top folded up in the radar position. I bought the endless roll of velcro strapping material at Home Depot, and use 4 of them to hold the fabric a little tighter to the the frame work. I did this to make it easier to put the cover on in the wind. It makes a huge difference because the fabric doesn't hang down and get in the way of the zippers. The bonus was when I went out at night. I don't put the cover on and I didn't like to see all that material hanging, so I put the straps on at night. I strap the fabric so the lights are not obstructed, and it looks awesome!! The top is black, as are the straps, so they aren't noticable. Even if they were, I'd still do it!!

Great idea on the straps to use the lights in the radar position. We have since ordered the boat and got them so I'll be excited to use them for the first time next year.

I have an endless roll of Velcro as well, and it comes in handy for tons of stuff on the boat, but I had not thought of the bikini uses you mentioned. Great ideas! What other good stuff do you have for us?

Velcro for a bikini??? Using that logic other great uses for Velcro include using it as a soup bowl, fishing pole, dental floss and a chain saw blade.

hahaha. Bimini. Autocorrect got me.

I figured but I had to jump on that one!

Back