BoatUS boat insurance......

Andy, do you think Progressive would have treated Vikingstaff better if he had Progressive though an independent agent?  That's how I'm set up.  Does the independent agent carry some weight due to the threat that they could stop selling Progressive? 

Separate question...  If Geico underwrites BoatUS, who calls the shots on claims?  Geico or BoatUS?

Agents can have some pull but ultimately the policy language is what decides coverage's. If it is not a coverage issue an agent can speed things up. As a prior adjuster we would get calls from agents checking status etc. The more people you have on your side the better. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Good question on the Geico/boat us relationship. I'm not sure on the inner working's of that deal and who is responsible for what aspect of service.

Without knowing for sure I would have to believe On the Geico vs BoatUS  that the Geico will make the call as they are the one who pays the claim.  Again without knowledge my opinion is that BoatUS only role is to provide access to BoatUS membership and thereby receive a commission as such 

From experience, the local agent has no power with progressive insurance.  Progressive will not even talk to an agent about a claim.  It saves money but I had to do all the paperwork.  It was not difficult.  It was a small matter under the tow in coverage but when I asked my agent, he would have dealt with it but could not.  

Back