Carl Wagner (CWAG911)

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen a respected senior member and moderator of our forum needs your support and prayers at this time. On Thursday Carl was having the same symptoms and pain that he had a few months ago when he needed double bypass surgery. He was rushed to the hospital and after a heart catherization it was found that he had a torn artery. Carl was taken to another hospital in Charlotte where the surgery could be performed. So this morning Carl went into a surgery that would be about 10 hrs. to replace his torn artery with a synthetic aortic valve. The doctors are giving him a 10-20% chance of survival. While in surgery the doctor found that this tear somehow affected the bypass surgery that was performed months ago. So both bypasses had to be redone. From what I understand surgery is over and they will start to wean him off of the machines that are helping to keep him alive. Request Prayers from everybody please. I'll keep you updated.......

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
Thanks for the update! Thoughts and Prayers!

TwoTone

Reaction score
Somewhere in Cabo... or Central Oregon...
Prayers...

Mike31406

Reaction score
So sorry to hear that. Prayers going his way.

Havasu

Reaction score
So sad to hear this. Thoughts and prayers from my family to his. I'll say an extra prayer for him tonight.

Capman

Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers!

Jb75

Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers to him, his friends and family. I’d guess if anyone can pull through this, it would be him. Never met him, but imagine one tough old sob. Thanks the update kahuna and keep us posted.

Kinger

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen a respected senior member and moderator of our forum needs your support and prayers at this time. On Thursday Carl was having the same symptoms and pain that he had a few months ago when he needed double bypass surgery. He was rushed to the hospital and after a heart catherization it was found that he had a torn artery. Carl was taken to another hospital in Charlotte where the surgery could be performed. So this morning Carl went into a surgery that would be about 10 hrs. to replace his torn artery with a synthetic aortic valve. The doctors are giving him a 10-20% chance of survival. While in surgery the doctor found that this tear somehow affected the bypass surgery that was performed months ago. So both bypasses had to be redone. From what I understand surgery is over and they will start to wean him off of the machines that are helping to keep him alive. Request Prayers from everybody please. I'll keep you updated.......
Our prayers are with Carl, family and friends.

lakeliving

Reaction score
Hang in there Carl!

Nautical

Reaction score
I just got back from the hospital. No changes.

Rick from Rocky Mount

Reaction score
Oh gosh, sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers, of course.

Link

Reaction score
Prayers and best wishes. Hang in there pal

TomS

Reaction score
Just saw this, praying for you too Carl!

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
In our thoughts and prayers buddy.

Spoiledrotten

Reaction score
I’ll remember Carl and his family in my prayers. My dad has been on the ventilator, on and off, for seven months. I know what his family is looking at. Be strong, brother Carl. We are thinking about you.

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Quick update.......Carl was taken off the machines briefly overnight but he's back on now and heavily sedated. He was able to follow simple commands. A special team was assembled at another hospital in Charlotte to monitor him but he's not ready to be moved yet. Chance of survival is still 10-20%.