Cheers Frim Australia

Wow, beautiful pics!!

Gee - I've seen the pics you've posted over the past year or so. If you're not a pro photographer, you should be. Some of the most beautiful lake photos I've ever seen in my life are the ones you've posted from your backyard using a $100 pocket camera. So, I gotta say, Sydney's got nuthin' on you!

But, should you decide to not come back from Australia, mail me your house key. I'd rather vacation at your place than Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, where did those pontoon wraps come from??? Did I miss a post somewhere? Those are really cool! I'm curious how those are installed when it seems it would be about impossible to wrap them all the way around a pontoon when there's a deck already fastened to it...

Geewest, glad to see the pictures of you with the oysters, I love them as well and indulge on a regular basis. Did you have those in Australia and if so how were they?

Geewest...............

My wife and I went on a 12 day cruise out of Sydney Harbor about a year and a half ago getting back into port on Thanksgiving day. What a beautiful harbor and city with so much culture and so much to do!!!!!!!!! One of your pics is of the cruise terminal right across from the opera house. Did you see any cruise ships while you were there?????? And .....did you go on the Harbor bridge walk??????? We would love to go back to Australia but it was 22 hrs in the air from Virginia.................. Don't know if I want to go through that flight again. Ha!

Above is the ultimate "pontoon" boat we saw in Cairns. They were using this to shuttle us back and forth to the ship.................

Last edited by a moderator:
Link: yes the oysters here are the best I have had. I'm trying them every where I can as well as the beers. Best beer I have found is "Cascade" its the perfict hot weather beer i wold love to have some back in the states. The Sydney Rock oyster is a small size ( perfict size) and they are firm and smooth. Absolutely zero fish or salt water tasting. Very Clean tasting. I have been behind the cam most of the time the picture you might have seen is my dear old dad. An Australian native

This is me driving on the wrong side!! (left side of the road) feels strange at first but I don't mind it.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae19/geewest/8D55336C-10A0-44BF-B06E-A537437D0438-344-0000003303D69BAB_zps2eddd0f4.jpg

The Sydney harbor lifestyle is amazing. If you can afford it. Lets just say most people that can afford to live on the water here are not worried about $1800 in led lights or $3k sport arch towers on their boats lol it's all relitieve I guess .

Back