Cladded Arch

EJB

Reaction score
I ordered a Q with the Cladded Arch. I have some bridges that I need to go under on the lake I do most of my boating. How easy does this go down? Do most trailer in the up or down Position?

I may be wrong but I didn't think the cladded arch could be lowered

Agree they don't go down.

They do fold down or at least mine will. They are hinged doesn't look like it would be hard to fold down.

Interesting.  My brother has sport arch and that does not come down.

We did see a boat at the boat show this past march that did indeed have an arch and it was powered to fold down at a push of a button.  Should of got a video as they were demonstrating how easy it was to fold for trailering or for clearance issues (bridges or low overhead in your boathouse).  Worked kind of like the power folding bimini that is an option on the bennington.

DSCN4749_zpsrgothydx.jpg

WOW, that is a nice feature

Did you get the "Tilt" option ?

Cladded Sport Arch w Gas Tilt (No Speakers) 905863                      $9236                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get the "Tilt" option ?

Cladded Sport Arch w Gas Tilt (No Speakers) 905863                      $9236                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Got two of them

OUCH!

My sport arch will come down manually ,If you remove the 2 rear hex bolts 

Thanks for the info - I was told it for sure does fold by the dealer, just did not know how easy it was - Has anyone towed with it - was it up or down?

Mine ( not cladded ) is towed by the dealer in the upright position .

If I remember correctly, the first cladded arch models didn't fold (at least not easily), so that may be the reason for some confusion. Personally, I think they look awesome and if we had one, wouldn't consider it without power fold for trailering and such. It's surprising how many tree branches you would encounter around some lake access areas...

That being said, it's a good thing the power fold wasn't an option when we bought ours last year or we'd have been that much more over budget :)

I tow with it up and have had no problems. It ships with a trans shield cover on the arch. Have the dealer give you the cover and you can tow with it on and don't have to worry about getting it bugged up.I don't know about a power option for folding, it wasn't an option on my 16 R when I ordered it.

I ordered a Q with the Cladded Arch. I have some bridges that I need to go under on the lake I do most of my boating. How easy does this go down? Do most trailer in the up or down Position?

Mine is fixed. Unless you have the power arch it won't be going up or down easily.  If you could trailer it lowered I'd do it just as a clearance precaution.

Back