Close to ordering 2250 GSR ... right stuff?

The Echo 100 has water temp. I use our car GPS for speed, but it is one more thing to plug in and get set up. It would be nice to have speed on the fish finder. Nice to have when tubing, kneeboarding, etc.

I love the built in GPS speedo/ compass. I could see not having one with low hp but 150 and up I think it should be added. These boats go pretty good and it's fun to watch the speed come up on the gauge.

The power distribution panel is required for the power steering .

Sharkhide is a must .

I also ordered the elevated helm .

Last edited by a moderator:
Trailering cover... If you're going to travel I prefer to have my boat covered. Your dealer might know of a good upholstery shop and could add it to your deal. Same thing with a lift. Both were after thoughts for me.

I'm no expert - have had my 02 207L for only about 6 months, BUT I did just

attend the Raleigh Boat Show.

2250 GSR w/200 HP Yamaha (Regatta Blue with Java interior) - I would go with

a light color. Dark will fade and show dirt.

ESP

Dual Battery and power distribution panel (do I really need that?) - I keep

a spare on board all the time

In-Floor Storage - cheap space - go for it

Hydraulic Power-Assist Steering - can't comment

Full Seagrass Flooring - we looked at a lot of flooring at the RBS. I like

the regular vinyl because it has less pattern depth and should repell dirt

embedment better. Both felt very non-skid - also important.

Standard 3-step Ladder (do I need the 4-step?) - minimum four, maybe five.

We saw some boats with telescoping ladders

Echo 100 Garmin fish/depth graph (don't fish, but want the depth graph) - I

am replacing the Garmin 300C on my boat when I got it with the 740S because

I wanted GPS and depth and fish.

Elevate Helm (worth the $493?) - yep. Especially if you are over 6' tall.

Compared the boats with and without and prefer it.

Sony M6 Stereo with Blue Tooth

Co-Captain Lounge (wife really like this ...) - if this is the matching

chair to the helm seat on port side - yes. Balance when two are in boat,

nicer seat so maybe wife won't drive so much. Also get the front lounge on

the port side if possible - same reason, balance.

Bow Gate Seat - nope. No place to put it when you don't want it in place.

R-Series Captain's Chair

sharkhide yes from factory

snap on cover

has anyone mentioned the under deck wave shield ????

Should try for 2275 get the privacy room. Its comes in handy if your out all day long. Just my thought. We can't leave home without it.

We got credit for the changing room,  Delete on the order. If you have folks on the boat, and you need to change, (I guess to get into your evening attire?) I  would ask folks to look the other way. That 300.00 came in handy towards the elevated helm, or maybe towards the dual battery hook up. Used the new space for extra goodies.

We got credit for the changing room,  Delete on the order. If you have folks on the boat, and you need to change, (I guess to get into your evening attire?) I  would ask folks to look the other way. 
What about the other boaters ? :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it depends on them, Are they on the water to enjoy the day and the water activities, or are they there to see if they can see folks change clothes. If they have not seen nakedness by now, God bless them.

Our boat came with a small privacy enclosure under the rear lounger and I removed it to allow for more storage under the lounger (great for the anchor, the playpen cover and poles).  We have never missed it.  People come on the boat in what they intend to wear (usually swim wear and coverup) for the day on the water.  Clothes changing is done on shore (usually a shower comes somewhere in there too) before going to dinner.

Jack

Our marina ,includes facilities including a shower .

We never did use the one on our SLX ,but we also did not delete the one on our RCW .

I am going to remove it and store it ,for a later date when we take a longer trip .

I use my changing room for a few reasons. I don't want to change from my work attire at work so I do it on the boat. I also use it with the potty for the little ones. Lastly, I use it as "blind", I sit in there with binoculars and watch the ladies change on the boats without changing rooms.

Do you have long winters in Iowa ? :D

Your killing me lately with your posts Jared! Don't you think the binoculars are even creepier since your already tied up to that other boat?

Hahaha .... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*

I wanted the change room, but it wasn't available on my 2275RCW with tower. As it turns out, I had to use all that space for batteries and other stereo components.  It would be useful for us since we have to tow to and from the lake and would prefer to not get into the Cadillac soaking wet! Haha. Now there is a concrete outhouse at the launch that we have used, but it can be pretty nasty with muck and dirt, not a place you think, Hey, let's get naked in here!!

Back