Close to ordering 2250 GSR ... right stuff?

WahooWa

Reaction score
I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks now ... so much good info.  In part due to the passion of Bennington owners on this forum, we are very close to ordering a 2014 2250 GSR.  We really like the center walk through and the dual helm chairs.  Before we pull the trigger, I'd really appreciate thoughts on what we are considering.  Did we leave something out or have we included something that you don't think we need?  We currently have a 2003 Crownline 180BR which was included with the house we bought last year on Lake Anna in Virginia.  We use the Crownline for tubing and skiing and are looking to replace it with the Benny.  Looking for more room, but want to maintain ability to tube and ski.

Here's what's on the order sheet right now:

2250 GSR w/200 HP Yamaha (Regatta Blue with Java interior)

ESP

Dual Battery and power distribution panel (do I really need that?)

In-Floor Storage

Hydraulic Power-Assist Steering

Full Seagrass Flooring

Standard 3-step Ladder (do I need the 4-step?)

Echo 100 Garmin fish/depth graph (don't fish, but want the depth graph)

Elevate Helm (worth the $493?)

Sony M6 Stereo with Blue Tooth

Co-Captain Lounge (wife really like this ...)

Bow Gate Seat

R-Series Captain's Chair

Ski Tow Bar

Thoughts?  Thanks much.

Looks like it will be a sweet boat based on what you have there. You'll love the 200. I know quite a few on here who love their elevated helm so good choice there. Only other option might be adding shark hide to the build. A lot of members have it and love the results. Welcome as well!

The Dual Battery- Yes, I would highly recommend. I would compare it to having a spare tire on you car. May not "need it" but is sure comes in handy when you do.

If you're not stretching everyday and can't get your foot past your knee, you may need the 4 step Ladder. :)

Elevated Helm- I have it and I think you will find all that do will recommend it.

Good Luck and Have FUN

Welcome, I'm ordering my first Bennington on wednesday. A 2375 RCW with a 250hp. Your 2250 sounds like a fun boat too. I agree with you, the bennington owners on this blog are very proud of their Benningtons. They have been BIG in helping me make decisions on setting up my Bennington. The only thing I would suggest is be sure you are ordering all the add-ons for the ESP and motor. Personally I found that part of ordering the pontoon confusing. What goes with what tube setup. Like the larger 50 gallon fuel tank., 20" or 25' motor shaft,  Double check everything and evaluate the replies for the blog. Their folks know what they're talking about and will give you good advice.  Have fun with your new bennington    

Looks like a good boat!  I agree, the elevated helm is worth the $$.

Jack

Congrats! And more power!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much the way we built our R, If you ride motorcycles or into performance on the streets go 250SHO, just saying.

You like audio?, We did the sub upgrade with amp from Bennington. No regrets there! I like and we did order the big fuel tank, but we are on a large lake.

Think $4.00 X 50,,, yikes, but that is all part of it,, No regrets.Dual Batts/elec center, No Regrets!

We also did Seaform only in the back. The wife wishes we would of done all the way with the seagrass. But the palm snap in carpet is a very nice option.

I wish a great option would have been heated seats, 50 degree weather in Texas , we are on the water.  Of course my only other change,,, next time,,, She gets the full grass carpet , I get the 300 SHO, ( yes I ride bikes and own Trans Ams)

You will love it ,, GREAT Build!!

Let's see some pics under the toys/ hobbies thread!

be sure and get the shark hide from the factory, you will be glad you did, for a long time to come !!!!

Agree with everyone post above me, including the raised helm but would suggest considering upping the fish finder to a GPS chart plotter.  I don't fish either but love the chartplotter

Those with the raised helm swear by them. I'm too frugal to spend the $ however. You're equipping the boat properly on your list.

I agree about getting the Sharkhide applied by the factory. My toons were turning black 2 mos. after it was built.

I'm not into having 2 batteries, however any boat with a big power booster sound system or the power steering assist need them. My dealer installed the cheapest piece of ____ deep cycle battery he could find.

The bow gate seat looks good, but would only be on my list if I really carried a lot of people. I don't. It's just another something to get in my way when docking.

Elevated helm is a great extra, especially if you are waterskiing and tubing.  I can sit in the seat and see who I am towing.  Do you pull mutiple skiers or tubers, if so you might want to go up to the 250hp.  I had a Yamaha 225hp on my 2250RL, when I went up to the 2575RL, I bumped up to the Yamaha 300HP (much lighter than the 350hp).  We spend the majority of our days waterskiing, wakeboarding, tubing, many times pulling multiple whatever.  I didn't go with the bow seat, stepping out on the forward deck is key for us, when we are docking.

Just buy the Biggest, Baddest, Fastest, Most Expensive Bennington you can afford !!!!

But if the wife is watching over your shoulder, at least step up to the 250. It's alot easier to pull back on the throttle than to want more throttle !!! :)

We just order the same boat that you are. If you can get the bigger motor a 250 yamaha SHO is only about $3,000 more. It I cheaper to add more hp now then it will be to add it later. The fish finder you are looking at getting does not do speed. So if you want a speed reading get the gps one or GPS speedometer. I got the dealer to throw in the GPS speedometer in with my package. One thing my wife had to have was a ottoman cooler Works good to use as a foot rest in front of the co captains chair and a place fir garbage.

Elevated helm is a must !!! Looks like good choices. I would go for the 4 step ladder also. I'd love full Seagrass on mine. Carpets a PITA. Remember, PICS ARE MANDATORY when it comes in !!!

You CAN'T tube or ski behind a blue boat!!!!!

Oh, wait. Nevermind. I was thinking of a guy that has a 20 hp...

My suggestions would be...

Elevated helm for sure.

If the co-captain is like mine (they called it the chaise lounge upgrade last year) I swear by mine. Other than the helm it the only seat that gets fought over.

If I had to do it all over again the only thing I'd change is I'd go with the GSR vs my GCW. Don't get me wrong I love my boat, but moving the bow gate seat gives you more options. If you have a lot of company, I might even consider 2 bow gate seats. (If your co-captain is like mine.)

As for the motor, go with as much as you can afford and research the service departments of dealers close to you. Routine maintenance is a must and if you need a savvy tech, already doing business with them is bennificial. (Believe me, things happen)

I would upgrade the garmin to the color GPS. (But I also want to spend more to get mine to "talk" to my motor)

If there was one thing I spent $ on that I wish I had not... Side LED lights. Other than that. Everything serves it's purpose and is an awesome addition to my awesome boat.

You can tube and ski behind my boat, it's just REALLY boring ...... LOL !!!!

Even into the wind?

Sounds pretty good to me, I love my RCW's. I realize the GSR/RSR offer more seating, but I personally don't want more than 9 people on my boat!! Haha I much prefer the rear loungers for watching tubers or wake boarding, when someone is being dragged, those rear loungers are the first seat grabbed. Definitely the elevated helm, helps get a good view of your surroundings, and I would upgrade to the color gps. Think of it not in the sense of a fish finder, but I use mine as my little information center. Speed, water temperature, depth, and lots of other stuff. Huge improvement over the base. As for motor,well you are at a 200 which is good, I enjoyed mine, is it the inline 4 200 or SHO? I had the 200SHO, and now have the 250SHO. I like them, but the pockets are only so deep. Get the most you can afford.

Spare prop and hub kit are good to have, although this won't go on your boat order. Pick them up later.

Back