Connecting Refrigerator battery to Alternator and to an on off switch

blueskys51

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and have looked everywhere for this and cannot find it. I am in the process of completely redoing my 2007 2550Qxi and am in the final stages of putting it all back together. I want to connect the Refrigerator battery to the Alternator so that it will charge while underway and I'd like to install a boat on/off rocker switch. Can this be done? I cannot find anywhere online if this will cause a problem or not. I will be adding a Blue Seas BatteryLink charging relay as not to drain the starting battery while the engine is off. Thanks for any help.

I will be posting the rebuild with pictures in a separate Topic once I complete. (I put down new decking material, tired of the carpet, used Infinity Fabrics Teak#5, Put new LED Lights under deck, Shined 2 outside toons and front of all 3 Toons to a mirror finish (what a job that was) and put sharkhide on, Ordered the new Stainless Steel navigation lights and replaced the plastic ones, removed all old stickers and put a black wrap put on upper railing to get ride of the old beige looking boat, ordered all new logos, had the entire thing reupholstered, ordered a second bimini frame, had a double bimini made, put rear underwater lights on the back toons, installed sacrificial anodes on all toons as we live on the intercoastal waters in florida, installed led cup holders, etc... Can't wait for it to be done.)

Sounds like it's gonna be an awsome boat. As far as the fridge battery, I would think you'd want to connect it to the charging relay you're installing.

Sounds like one nice toon. Can't wait to see some pics!

I don't see why the fridge battery would be different than any other battery...

What a project! Hope you took some "before" pics...

Having rebuilt a much older toon before we got our Bennington. I can relate to how much work you have put in. I look forward to project pictures.

I think I just heard someone who built a wooden pontoon snort coffee out his nose ... just kidding. Enjoy your adventure!

Back