Dent in my Benny :(

They never questioned speed limits at lake. Water dates are the same and I pay for indoor storage. Maybe I will call them this week

I work for an insurance co and watercraft liability is a standard coverage on our homeowners policies. You can also add physical damage for your boat, motor and trailer by scheduling your boat on your policy. I'm glad your ins co subrogated against them.

Pdx... you're a better man than me..... I don't really know if I could have controlled my temper, especially if I had seen him damage my boat..... in the long run it's apparent that you handled it the best way, especially in front of your children... as for insurance I have my 20sfi insured thru progressive and I believe the annual premium is around $125 ( which includes some sort of discount for paying the premium in full ).....

Great story PDX, glad it all worked out for you.

SemperFi I also have Boat US and I pay $322/year and that includes 10% off because I have never had a claim yet we have virtual identical boats, wonder why mine is more than double
BoatUS has at least two different coverage levels (at least). One is more basic, the other is more encompasing. You may have a more premium policy.

Wow. I jealous of you guys with low premiums! I have scoured the earth for a better deal. Safeco was only a little more than BoatUS but the multiple policy discount worked in my favor. I'm guessing that premiums are geographically based with as tight the grouping of estimate I got were. I pay $540 a year...

One thing to remember, with boat insurance is the fuel/oil spill coverage !!! I have I believe over $800,000 in coverage through BoatUS. Yes, 800K, and I'm sure one decent oil spill would eat that up quick. Keep that in mind when you get insurance. Through Allstate, I had like 5K, that would not even cover the hazmat crew cost to come out. That's one of the main reasons I went with BoatUS.

One thing to remember, with boat insurance is the fuel/oil spill coverage !!! I have I believe over $800,000 in coverage through BoatUS. Yes, 800K, and I'm sure one decent oil spill would eat that up quick. Keep that in mind when you get insurance. Through Allstate, I had like 5K, that would not even cover the hazmat crew cost to come out. That's one of the main reasons I went with BoatUS.
You are absolutely correct. That's why I went with the Geico/Seaworthy policy. The max you can be charged/fined is around $860,000. You need that in your policy. If the fuel/oil leaks from your boat, you are responsible.

Semperfi is 100% correct. The spill coverage was a big reason I switch from Allstate to BoatUS as well. A funny story - when I read about the gas/oil spill risk (maybe it was here on this site, as I know we've had BoatUS discussions here before), I emailed my Allstate agent to see how much my oil spill coverage was. She emailed me back $100. Since she almost always makes typos, I asked if she meant $100k (as in $100,000). She replied no, $100. I thought a minute, then figured she must be quoting my deductible, not my coverage. So I email back saying I wanted to know my coverage, not my deductable. Again she emails $100. At this point she's told me $100 three times, but I still can't believe the coverage was only $100 - that would be rediculous, right? So, I pick up the phone. Sure enough, the coverage was 100 bucks! BoatUS was $800k. Actually, it might be $860k if Padre is correct on the max liability, because I do remember it being an odd number. Anyway, I still have Allstate on my home and car, but not on my boat.

Back